All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: My Indoor 55 Gal Setup
PostPosted: Apr 15th, '20, 10:06 

Are you human?: Yes
I think i posted the original in the wrong thread :oops: . None the less, here it is.

While it is not 100% complete as I still have to put some plants in and organize the mess, I am quite proud of what I have been able to accomplish so far. Set backs, headaches and all.

I would also like to solicit some feedback on ideas for a "curtain" for my grow light. Once you look at the pics, you'll understand what I mean.

I look forward to hearing from you all and thank you for being such an awesome and welcoming community.

Link to image gallery: https://imgur.com/a/CeS7GXm

Advertisement

PostPosted: Apr 26th, '20, 08:34 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: no
Great job. The u siphon is interesting. Personally I would put something around the siphon to retain the clay balls away. That way you could inspect the siphon for clogging etc. At that point there is a concentration of nutrient and o2 so plants love finding and blocking. Great setup, love the light hanging mesh idea.

PostPosted: Apr 30th, '20, 22:49 

Are you human?: Yes
Asitis wrote:
Great job. The u siphon is interesting.

Thanks! I messed about with an external siphon (failed miserably) and i could not do a traditional due to the placement of the GB. Honestly, the U siphon was super easy to make and even easier to dial in!

Asitis wrote:
Personally I would put something around the siphon to retain the clay balls away. That way you could inspect the siphon for clogging etc. At that point there is a concentration of nutrient and o2 so plants love finding and blocking.

Do you mean, around the entire siphon structure? I put a larger piece of pipe around the stand pipe to hopefully prevent the roots issue you mentioned. I did for a second consider trying to block out the entire siphon but i would loose quite a bit of real estate, unfortunately. That is one of the down sides of the siphon's size and being buried.

Asitis wrote:
Great setup, love the light hanging mesh idea.

In all honesty, i think that besides the siphon, this is the creation i am most proud of lol.