All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157  Next
PostPosted: Nov 27th, '17, 22:49 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: when in a good mood
Looking good. I'm glad you're able to keep a positive attitude with your pain. Once you get the floor grouted and sealed and the baseboard installed, you should be able to move into the new space I presume. Hopefully by then your pain will be managed and life will be a new adventure again!

5 growbeds

9 kW Solar Electric 2011

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Nov 28th, '17, 00:11 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
Thanks @dstjohn99
I feel better after three weeks of physical therapy.
Attachment:
Returning-to-normal-a-63-year-old-normal-Made-cookies.jpg
Returning-to-normal-a-63-year-old-normal-Made-cookies.jpg [ 106.04 KiB | Viewed 644 times ]

I hadn't made cookies in around four months, maybe longer. They taste like I got the recipe perfect.
I had cut all the tiles for this last section of the floor a couple days ago. All I needed to do was set them with mortar.
Attachment:
Returning-to-63-year-old-normal-mortared-this-last-tiles-in-Master.jpg
Returning-to-63-year-old-normal-mortared-this-last-tiles-in-Master.jpg [ 113.42 KiB | Viewed 644 times ]

One tile got too much wet mortar under it. I squished out as much as I could, then set this heavy iron tamper on it. Hopefully these amazing tile clips Adam got us are holding the tile up enough without a void under it.
Attachment:
Returning-to-63-year-old-normal-mortared-this-last-tiles-in-Master-1-issue.jpg
Returning-to-63-year-old-normal-mortared-this-last-tiles-in-Master-1-issue.jpg [ 110.38 KiB | Viewed 644 times ]

I'll cut more tile to reach out into the hallway and toward the powder room, then grout what we've done. Thank you to everyone that helped! :notworthy:

:?

PostPosted: Dec 2nd, '17, 00:27 
A posting God
A posting God

Good morning!
Nell and I worked together laying more tile!
Attachment:
Nov-30-2017-More-tile-laid.jpg
Nov-30-2017-More-tile-laid.jpg [ 114.75 KiB | Viewed 586 times ]

It's getting there.

PostPosted: Dec 4th, '17, 22:14 
A posting God
A posting God

Good morning!
Nell and I had a wonderful visit with our friend Chris Trujillo yesterday. It is absolutely the most thrilling for us to see how children react to a greenhouse aquaponics system.
Attachment:
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics.jpg
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics.jpg [ 170.15 KiB | Viewed 533 times ]

Don't feed the fish Gummy Worms please, lol!
Attachment:
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-kids-love-fish.jpg
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-kids-love-fish.jpg [ 149.78 KiB | Viewed 533 times ]

So much fun. I can't wait to get started on the Rio Gallinas Charter school's AP.
Attachment:
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-on-boardwalk.jpg
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-on-boardwalk.jpg [ 119.81 KiB | Viewed 533 times ]

On the boardwalk

Attachment:
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-on-boardwalk2.jpg
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-on-boardwalk2.jpg [ 155.68 KiB | Viewed 533 times ]

Thanks for the wreath Chris and family
Attachment:
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-picking-tomatoes.jpg
Chris-Trujillo-and-family-enjoying-Rodgers-Aquaponics-picking-tomatoes.jpg [ 170.82 KiB | Viewed 533 times ]

Pure joy.

PostPosted: Dec 12th, '17, 22:57 
A posting God
A posting God

Good morning.
I'm trying to keep moving, although I have not done much in the AP which keeps producing tomatoes and an occasional paradise for our Guinea Fowl.
Two days ago our friend Jason Gallegos helped me pull the old construction trailer out of the forest. I set it up as a Guinea Fowl house. In the meantime I believe a Lynx got the three Gray Guineas which were increasingly difficult to get in the Brooder Van. A lynx which we do have here is at top of list of predators which could get a bird out of a tree in the middle of the night.
Attachment:
Check-up-Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night-Entry-12-12-17.jpg
Check-up-Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night-Entry-12-12-17.jpg [ 215.52 KiB | Viewed 468 times ]

Graffiti removal is in my future. I am very happy the trailer made it out of the woods in one piece. The idea of adding inner tubes to the damaged tires worked a charm; both wheels still had pressure in them after two weeks. My diesel Jeep moved the trailer like it was nothing.
Attachment:
Check-up-Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night-12-12-17.jpg
Check-up-Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night-12-12-17.jpg [ 156.76 KiB | Viewed 468 times ]

Our birds had been watching me building steps, roosts and nests all day and these are very curious birds. Getting them to go in their new house was much easier than getting them in the small van.
Attachment:
Check-up-Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night-Southside-gang-12-12-17.jpg
Check-up-Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night-Southside-gang-12-12-17.jpg [ 130.88 KiB | Viewed 468 times ]

I think our birds are happier with their new house so much so when I let the out at first light they came out in their usual flurry of feathers and squawks, although I hadn't seen them come to my computer desk window as usual. When I went back out to check on them, they were back in their house being calm.
Attachment:
Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night12-12-17.jpg
Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-last-night12-12-17.jpg [ 82.57 KiB | Viewed 468 times ]

I still have more to do inside. I was at the limit of pain endurance by late afternoon, so I have their roost leaning against the wall. I need to cut the rungs down so I can mount it on the north end wall with room for the birds to sit with out having their beaks up against the wall.
Attachment:
Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-they-went-back-in.jpg
Guinea-fowl-in-new-house-they-went-back-in.jpg [ 138.52 KiB | Viewed 468 times ]

Nell and I both got a lot accomplished yesterday and I know I am hurting something fierce today as I am certain she does too. It's break time from projects. We both have physical therapy today and I also have a chiropractor visit in the afternoon as well.
The sulfa remission drug appears to be working, but I didn't realize it because I now have a nerve compression somewhere from my spine to the ankle on my left leg. All this inactivity has left me with no muscle tone and I need to start building them back up with more exercise. I'm type "A" personality when it comes to doing arduous work and I can't help myself and over do it every time.
Spiritually I am in a good place, hopeful and grateful I don't have it so bad it can't be fixed. :notworthy:
Sincerely,
Brian Rodgers

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 00:10 
A posting God
A posting God

Good morning. I hope you are doing well.
I'm doing extensive stretches and exercises every morning now, after not realizing how important a precise routine is to my recovery. I can now do all the exercises I have been given as well as all the proper sets I need to get this body back in shape. It's not difficult once I get all the moves done with precision. Yesterday I got a full body massage at Bodyworks. Wow! I'd never had one. It made a big difference in how I feel. After the massage I went for another visit with Doctor Michael Palmer a chiropractor at Cunico's. Now I feel even better. I was able to move a much needed 1/4 cord of split firewood on to the back porch later in the afternoon. I feel fine this morning too! That's what I really needed to feel as I was losing hope. I feared I would no longer be able to do arduous manual labor. The fact that I did it means the world to me.

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 03:24 
A posting God
A posting God

Nell and I sealed the grout in our new master bed-room, Yay!
Attachment:
Dec-20-17-bedroom-grout-sealed.jpg
Dec-20-17-bedroom-grout-sealed.jpg [ 240.25 KiB | Viewed 380 times ]

Next up- Baseboards!

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 03:25 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: YES
Sweet! Does that mean you get to move in now? Or still work to be done?

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 04:13 
A posting God
A posting God

rininger85 wrote:
Sweet! Does that mean you get to move in now? Or still work to be done?

I'll begin creating baseboards in the next few days

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 19:08 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

creating baseboards.... going to cut them out of ponderosa?

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 20:19 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Looks great!

Still have into MB and carry on into the guest?

Just say the word for next year, and I'll be worker bee taking direction to help get things completed.

Adam

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 22:07 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: when in a good mood
Wow that looks great, you should be proud. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. I hope Nell is doing well too. If I was closer to you I would be happy to help with tile & baseboard also. I've done more than I ever thought. Now, after 10 years, it's time to replace about 650 sq. ft. of flooring. I'll likely be using tile similar to yours.

My best to you Brian and Nell. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. A VERY Merry Christmas and I hope the New Year brings you both much happiness! If you're ever in So Cal I would hope you will come by for a visit.

5 growbeds

9 kW Solar Electric 2011

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

PostPosted: Dec 24th, '17, 05:35 
A posting God
A posting God

rininger85 wrote:
creating baseboards.... going to cut them out of ponderosa?

Ah, no. I meant measure and create the angle cuts.
We've decided to not do the baseboards yet with the holidays, instead I'm going to finish installing the tile. That way I don't need to switch gears and put on my carpenters cap right now. Now we're setting up a bed in the guest bed-room.
I spend an hour exercising in the morning. Now that the inflammatory arthritis is behind me, I'm determined to get my body working properly.
Happy holidays everyone!
Brian and Nell

PostPosted: Dec 24th, '17, 05:42 
A posting God
A posting God

dstjohn99 wrote:
Wow that looks great, you should be proud. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. I hope Nell is doing well too. If I was closer to you I would be happy to help with tile & baseboard also. I've done more than I ever thought. Now, after 10 years, it's time to replace about 650 sq. ft. of flooring. I'll likely be using tile similar to yours.

My best to you Brian and Nell. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. A VERY Merry Christmas and I hope the New Year brings you both much happiness! If you're ever in So Cal I would hope you will come by for a visit.

Thank you David. Have a wonderful holiday season.
Yes we are both doing much better.
Attachment:
Happy-Holidays-to-all-you.jpg
Happy-Holidays-to-all-you.jpg [ 102.72 KiB | Viewed 359 times ]

PostPosted: Dec 30th, '17, 22:18 
A posting God
A posting God

Good morning, well colorful indeed.
Attachment:
December-30th-2017-sunrise-900px.jpg
December-30th-2017-sunrise-900px.jpg [ 177.8 KiB | Viewed 265 times ]

Attachment:
December-30th-2017-sunrise-portrait-900px.jpg
December-30th-2017-sunrise-portrait-900px.jpg [ 189.22 KiB | Viewed 265 times ]

Attachment:
December-30th-2017-sunrise-2-portrait.jpg
December-30th-2017-sunrise-2-portrait.jpg [ 129.77 KiB | Viewed 265 times ]

Happy new year!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157  Next