All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '10, 21:50 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: yes
Bruce from ausy fish in Childers, QLD..... and i forgot to take photo of his place took camera down for him to see my setup....I will give him a call soon to see if i can have another 3-400 fish in april??? I would love some sleepy cod, I watched them at Ausy fish they can move fast when they want....especially when bruce was throwing all the guppies in with them hehehe... :( Poor little bugger didn't last long :( :lol: :lol:

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '10, 21:54 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

If anyone is in the area and wants to have a looksey at my setup just PM me and I can give you my details (or you could get them off the "The BIG PINK Bus" piccies)

Attachments:
bus pink side.jpg
bus pink side.jpg [ 267.68 KiB | Viewed 2803 times ]

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '10, 05:43 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Bruce is http://www.ausyfish.com/introduction.htm and here is the piccy of his shed and DD Bruce says were's the sign.

Attachments:
DSC01881.JPG
DSC01881.JPG [ 150.53 KiB | Viewed 2777 times ]

PostPosted: Feb 4th, '10, 13:26 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Well where do I start ....... We are FLOODED IN......bridge underwater by 2.5mtrs......and rising....

the best was 16.5mtrs under few years ago ....2 years ago it went under 13mtrs and eldest boy STUCK AT SCHOOL hehehehehe 20 teenagers stuck with the teachers....lol..... I have some duckweed being sent to me ..... I hope it doesnt smell up the Post Office hehehehe..

Well we have had 10 inches in the last 2 days plus another 3 today.... I pumped 7500 ltrs out of system and into the GB Tanks....to help top up later....still not enough had to get rid of another 2000ltrs down to the dams..... so system is still very stable... as it holds appr. 30,000ltrs so is buffering well my fingerlings :wink: :wink: (Ive had them for 4 weeks tomorrow) are averaging around 40grams each 5inches long 1 inch high.. there are bigger ones though, 2 around 8-9 inches..They are hand feeding....I have created 4 raft style beds for the lettuce( should be able to make 160 lettuce per week....) 6week turn around...oohhhh our feeder fish had babies.... we have over 70 little black ones and over 70 orange babies....found 1 orange one in the raft bed ..it travelled to the sump got sucked up and shot off to fish tank got sucked up and again missed the return tap, turned right at T piece (left you get stuck in pipes on GB's) and then got off at the last exit what a ride so we put him back to his original tank to tell his friends about the ride, we should have kept him in a seperate tank and called him NEMO....

PostPosted: Feb 5th, '10, 08:35 

wow what a system. I know what you mean about the rain we were ment to come down there to look at some land around deepwater but cant get there. oh well always next time when we finally get there would like a look around

Cheers D & B

PostPosted: Feb 11th, '10, 22:00 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Well well well my Jades are a hungry bunch....Tonight I feed them
Grapes which they hammered,
Lettuce (i think this is their drug of choice) they almost take my arm of with it,
Zucchini Leaves ( the tank with 500 Jades made the leaves feel like a Jack Hammer)
Tadpoles (poor little things didnt even get to break the surface ) when i placed the clear container with the tadpoles in, into the water to see if Jades wanted them, quite a few Jades tried headbutting the container...Poor tadpoles had no chance.....and a whole mango which i peeled......they ate the mango right down to the seed (better job than the kids can)and about 100grams of Grobest N2, will run out tomorrow but lucky ordered 3 20kg bags of SE2 3.5mm and 1 20kg of SE4 6mm.....One 20 kg bag lasted one month the fish were around 20grams now 40grams plus.....700 Jades should be about 1.2 tonne of food consumed im guessing now what to do with 700 Jades oopps i forgot 3 more buys of 400 fish ....ohh i guess i will have to do the self assessment to get licence to sell my fishies....

PostPosted: Feb 15th, '10, 19:04 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Well I've just had some Visitors come to see my set up.... Thanks Drewb for you all dropping in and having a coffee(water for the girls)..... Hope you liked what you saw... PS don't tell jaymie that you got a box of Zuc's and Mango's.....Rupe reckons she would come down with her trailer....anyways it was great to meet you two and hoped the girls weren't to tired when you got home....Good luck with your system and it would be good to see you buy a place and be able to do what you guys would like.....

PostPosted: Feb 16th, '10, 17:51 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
So were you flooded in long? I see Brisbane is copping it today.

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Feb 16th, '10, 18:56 

thanks again for the tour B was out by the time we got to the road but the little one (T) was awake most of the way home. I have been told to tell you that they are some of the best zuc's we have had in ages out here. Since getting home we have had close to 100mm of rain.

cheers Drew, Bec and the girls

PostPosted: Feb 16th, '10, 19:16 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

hi joel

yeah we were flooded in for a week .....The best has been 2 weeks always stock the powdered milk and the small tins of spaghetti

PostPosted: Feb 19th, '10, 19:09 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

well flooded in AGAIN for a couple of days..... Well one good thing about the rain is the tanks are getting clearer hehehehe....

PostPosted: Feb 19th, '10, 19:13 

lol well tested my system again today back to zero's across the board ph is 7.6. I have decided that the rain is just flushing all the good stuff away :(

cheers D & B

PostPosted: Mar 3rd, '10, 21:19 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

weighed our Fishies today Picked them up on Jan 8th big fingerlings....28th Jan 20grams, 13th Feb 45grams today 3rd March 105grams by this ratio (Doubling evey 2 weeks) we will be eating them by end of april... we wish probably be June/July??? plantedcucumber seeds 2 weeks ago we have 500mm long plants with 35mm fruit on them....

PostPosted: Mar 3rd, '10, 22:22 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: I think...I hope so!
ohh that's good news, I sowed my cucumber last thursday and I've got 6cm seedlings :shock: i never knew they could grow so fast. my other stuff , I'm not seeing so I'm doubting whether they'll ever come up coz i'm comparing them to the cukes. I mustn't do that..... am following your thread with interest. please do keep us up to date, I love it!

PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 09:14 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: occasionally
Great set up I am just down the road In Agnes,my set up is still in my head hopefully it will be on the ground soon after quite a bit of research on here first.
Hopefully I will get a chance to come and have a first hand look one day and I will look out for your bus at the local markets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next