All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Apr 27th, '08, 16:25 

Any achance someone on here who knows his/her fish might be able to put up a sticky thread on fish species under certain temperature gradients.
From what I can see there are certain temp ranges found in Australia and one quick section of reference for what fish might be suitable in certain areas might be helpfull.
I was also interested as I'm looking for a moderate temp watered fish that could be possibly bought into NZ as an ornamental fish and grown in AP.
Rob @Aquagold

Advertisement

PostPosted: Apr 27th, '08, 16:29 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: yes
AHHHHHH I see the plan,,you send all your people here to SEDNAY and then steal all our FESH.

:mrgreen:

ausyfish.com. has info on a lot of common fish preferred temps.

PostPosted: Apr 27th, '08, 16:37 
If you look in the topic you posted in Rob... Fish Species... you'll find various species listed already....

That's exactly the intention of the topic.... feel free to add to any thread, or create a new thread for a specific species if it's not there :wink:

PostPosted: Apr 28th, '08, 11:43 

I was thinking of a one stop sticky thread on the ten most common available fish in Australia and their requirements.
I see the benefit of this section as a base to discuss the species and how people are dealing with them under local conditions.
Some of us don'y have alot of time and need info at the forefront so we can decide on ways to turn.
On the point of Ausyfish, I had a look this morning and it consists of basic info, photos and sales swings.
Would love to have a go with the Sleepy cod or even half the species you guys have.
We all got to keep exploring and learning....

PostPosted: Apr 28th, '08, 19:14 

Are you human?: YES
Aquagold - no offence intended, but all our time is valuable, hence our reluctance to set the thread up when the information is already mostly available here. If you would like to do it, you are of course welcome to.

This is a free forum and none of the members, mods or admin are paid for their work here.

PostPosted: Apr 28th, '08, 19:15 

PS - once you do it, I'm more than happy to make it a sticky for you :-)

PostPosted: May 1st, '08, 20:48 

Hi VB, Sorry if the tone was no good as I was only seeing a potential, for certain areas of quick reference, for newbies. :D

One of the things I like with any new thing is being able to find the static information for ingestion so that the info can then be actioned and now revised for possible developement.

Bit like knowing what your foundation is built on so that you know wether it's going to be a single story or skyscraper....

This was one of the reasons I pulled my system 5 years ago and am now interested as it seems like there is alot more foundation information available to extend this 'hobby' further for intensive developement - research potential for the mildly insane or just basics for the newly converted.

I remember doing history and seeing man doing the unheard of - he starting planting a field - but we are hunter/gatherers....

Sorry VB I should stay off here late at night.... or just go to the rant section...

PostPosted: May 1st, '08, 20:57 

It's cool Aquagold - I understand and agree with the concept of having this type of information in brief and accurate little stickied packages. The only point I was trying to make is that as a free board, we do not have people here getting paid to do this in order to add further value to the board. Although we do our best with the little time we have (because we too like to read, daydream and tinker with our systems ;-), we do rely on the community to add this value - which does happen very well, albeit not in as well an organised manner as some may prefer.

PostPosted: May 2nd, '08, 17:05 

I see the point VB and appreciate all that the moderators do, as would Joel. :D
Is really amazing seeing the journey people are having on here and being so public about what they are doing :cheers:.

I see Joel has started a Wiki on AP and that will hopefully be a organised yet straight forward area to go for anyone wanting the basics on all the disciplines that AP gives to those that give it a try.

I applaud you VB not only on here but what I see you doing with your own system and the way you support those around you.

I was hoping someone would step forward and put some sort of e-book together for download. That's no easy task though.... am seriously looking at it myself now as it would fit in well with our business.

Rob @Aquagold

PostPosted: May 2nd, '08, 17:08 
Legend Member
Legend Member

wiki :wink:

PostPosted: May 2nd, '08, 17:10 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Yeah - VB's a pretty good bloke :D

just don't lend him any of your barra tho :evil:

PostPosted: May 2nd, '08, 17:52 

Yep - wiki is the solution. We will also continue to have some very interesting stuff in the periodically released mag, much of which will come in handy as an ongoing reference :-)