All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Newby!
PostPosted: Jun 6th, '13, 10:09 

Are you human?: yes
Hi guys, new to this sight an Aquaponics. Have had float system up an running for a month, water came from fish and plant pond 4 years old. Using goldfish. Plants are not growing, but root system is impressive. Lettuce has not grown, getting lettuce from garden planted same day, same with onions, strawberry's doing OK, little leaf growth, but good berries. Any advise?

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: Newby!
PostPosted: Jun 6th, '13, 10:42 
Hi Woody...

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '13, 22:45 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Most of me
woodyt wrote:
Hi guys, new to this sight an Aquaponics. Have had float system up an running for a month, water came from fish and plant pond 4 years old. Using goldfish. Plants are not growing, but root system is impressive. Lettuce has not grown, getting lettuce from garden planted same day, same with onions, strawberry's doing OK, little leaf growth, but good berries. Any advise?

No filtration ?

PostPosted: Jul 1st, '13, 00:16 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: Meat Popsicle
NH4, NO2, NO3, pH levels? Basic system setup and how old is system? When trying to figure out little things like this, the devil is in the details. If the roots are growing, I wouldn't worry too much for now. I'm waiting for this winter before my system really starts to take off as it is still maturing. Most users note that they have crazy growth after the system matures for about a year. This is a hobby of patience.

Glad someone else got bit with the AP bug and decided to dive in. You'll soon learn what details you need to provide for most people on here to be able to recommend a course of action (maybe inaction as sometimes it's people's desire to mess with the system that causes more problems when it's better to just leave it be)

PostPosted: Mar 21st, '16, 14:28 
Question:

If you used fish water, have you replaced it at all. The plants should suck out all the good stuff. Maybe change out 50 or more % of the water every so often and give them new nutrients. I use fish water also and I found this to be a quick problem in my Test 1. The plants drained/ate the good stuff in a week and then the water was clear.