All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: May 18th, '16, 21:11 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Deuem wrote:
Wildbillnye wrote:
Deuem wrote:

So far I am not seeing or really reading any great advantages of AP except you might be able to turn off the filter if all is well in the beds. I am thinking of just getting a larger fish tank for the monsters and that is where the AP would have gone and simply go back to dirt for now. Some day if I have room try it again.

So your filter is on? filtering ammonia? You may want to turn it off at night or completely loose it to do AP.

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

Bill the tank is the family tank and not hooked up to anything except the filter. So yeah it is filtering everything in the tank and I doubt it takes out any ammonia. I do water changes for that and I am overdue now so thanks for the nudge. I only have a filter floss filter. Nothing special. When the water gets yellowish I change a lot of it. With that many fish in the tank they are making me work a lot. The 200+ minnows were going to get put into the AP but now that is on hold. Maybe we will just eat them. The minnow jugs never came in either. No luck lately.

ah, filter floss. that'll also help break down ammonia. good choice

Advertisement

PostPosted: May 18th, '16, 21:33 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Deuem wrote:

"... Most pig stalls all drain into the fields for Nutrients. It is the easy way of getting fertilizer and pork...

easy way of getting e coli too. run offs like that produce recalls here.

PostPosted: May 19th, '16, 00:08 
All pig meat has to be cooked well here or you will get sick. We all have been hit with bad pig meat and it takes 3 to 5 days to feel better. It is just an extra free bonus you can get. And none of the pig shops have refrigeration for meat. They kill one pig a day and sell it. If not the left overs go to the rats or somewhere? By that time the meat has been out all day and getting rancid. So buy your pig meat in the morning while it is still kicking.

PostPosted: May 19th, '16, 00:32 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

I mean the vegis. I remember a pig manure runoff got into some spinach farms and cause a huge e coli outbreak.
most people don't like spinach, the majority of of the cases where people who ate icecream that contained the infected spinach.

PostPosted: May 19th, '16, 09:37 
I don't think they care, as long as they get rid of it and the plants do well. They have been doing it this way since time began. I don't think they will be putting in toilets for the pigs. Every animal poos on the fields including the workers.

And I will pass on the spinach ice cream also.

PostPosted: May 19th, '16, 09:45 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Deuem wrote:
I don't think they care, as long as they get rid of it and the plants do well. They have been doing it this way since time began. I don't think they will be putting in toilets for the pigs. Every animal poos on the fields including the workers.

And I will pass on the spinach ice cream also.

the thing is, it was vanilla and chocolate ice cream. somethin' about it enhancing the texture somethin' er other.

PostPosted: May 19th, '16, 10:50 
Great. enhance the flavor with bad pig poo, I will still pass. I like my ice cream pig proof.

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 03:59 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Deuem wrote:
Yavimaya: I have not been waiting around for this water post. It is just a question put fourth. Most of the good stuff seems to be kept a secret by those who know and went thru the pain to get the info. I have read a lot, viewed a lot and most is worthless info that stops dead of really saying what they use. My tank is over stocked at the moment and it is not hooked to any GBs as of yet. The main fish tank will never be. So in the mean time I am using this water as best I can to grow plants. It does not circulate yet. Just fill and refill for now.

Still working on a final design and collecting parts. When I get there, I get there. Until then learning is obtained. I have very little room and need to get the most bang out of the setup. And I don't want a 3 month delay in waiting to grow. There has to be a better way then that. You would miss an entire growing season. Who is going to do that? If this is a 100% defiant, then AP has a problem over dirt farmers every spring. They are already picking food and we are waiting for a cycle to finish? Outside in the cold this would happen every year. Once the beds are frozen the bacteria should die off also. We can always mineralize the solids or blend them into a liquid. So I don't think it is this time, It should be the time to make bacteria we wait for. So how do we grow that faster. If I have to wait 3 moths to plant I might as well use dirt. Load a bed and grow the same day.

So far I am not seeing or really reading any great advantages of AP except you might be able to turn off the filter if all is well in the beds. I am thinking of just getting a larger fish tank for the monsters and that is where the AP would have gone and simply go back to dirt for now. Some day if I have room try it again.

Do they sell live worms for bait there? Any kind of worm will do. And there is probably more than one way to introduce nitrification bacteria before adding any plants or water, which will shorten months to days. Also, many types of bacteria excrete all their water when it gets too cold for them to function, surviving temperatures well below freezing. I think the two main advantages aquaponics has is less water (unless you live here, it's about the same) and planting density if you have a circulating system. And you grow fish also, the best kind of meat. and If you make your own fish food to ensure the best fish poop, combined with a plant's unlimited access to water.
I planted my beans in the dirt garden a few days before before transplanting one to the ap experiment and the put a bunch of beans in gb. so far the only beans are in the ap.

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 04:51 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Are you human?: Thought I WAS
Deuem wrote:
We need to buy water, that's how. The food is always in question. Although I did find a farm I can buy from direct and he is on mountain water. The last bunch of veggies we got there tasted great. At the market who knows where they come from.

It would be nice to actually know where all of our food comes from and track it back to how it is screwed with. But then nobody would eat it.

I do really feel for having to consider every mouthful and every sip, for what it might contain.. :support:

Years ago in Vietnam... I jokingly asked a chap .. "... and how come you are all so slim..." and I was taken aback by the honest response... "..and you would be if you had the runs, most days of the year. " :oops:

On a positive point.. can you use an RO water filter, to give pure water for the AP..
I KNOW IT WILL COST, because of the power.. etc.. but it must be cheaper than bottle water, which I suspect may be questionable as to how clean it is..

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 08:42 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: maybe
Deuem wrote:
Wildbillnye wrote:
Deuem wrote:

So your filter is on? filtering ammonia? You may want to turn it off at night or completely loose it to do AP.

Bill the tank is the family tank and not hooked up to anything except the filter. So yeah it is filtering everything in the tank and I doubt it takes out any ammonia. I do water changes for that and I am overdue now so thanks for the nudge. I only have a filter floss filter. Nothing special. When the water gets yellowish I change a lot of it. With that many fish in the tank they are making me work a lot. The 200+ minnows were going to get put into the AP but now that is on hold. Maybe we will just eat them. The minnow jugs never came in either. No luck lately.

what the *frack* are you doing water changes for?

have you even read the most basic principals of AP?

Do you understand what a recirculating system is?

when this thread first popped up i thought "something decent may come of this" but it has just degenerated into 13 pages of you showing you dont understand the concept of AP.

you want to do some decoupled high management system, but you arent even doing the basics correctly.

no wonder you cant even grow lettuce, it sounds like you have no bio filter, just a solid filter and then throw all your ammonia away before it can become something the plants can use..... not that it ever would if all you have is a *frack* fibre filter.....

just go back to basics and stop trying to get light years ahead of yourself!!

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 10:10 
Yavimaya: With replies like that I would just as soon close my account and leave this site to you.

How many time do I have to write this: My main fish tank is the family tank and will NEVER be hooked up to any AP system. Can I make that any clearer. It is a family fish tank. PERIOD. It only has a filter floss filter and I added a UV in line. It is overstocked right now. Way over stocked. To the point where I have to do many water changes and pump in lots of air.

We have been using this tanks water for any planting we have been doing. I had 1 AP unit up and running as a test but have since stopped it because of other projects of life.

I have LITTLE ROOM inside and I cant afford the luxury of giant beds like most of you have outside. My outside is only a balcony which is now covered in plants growing for a future AP system if any.

The lettuce I grew from seed. That took a few months of trial and error to get right. The fish water is Ok and better then tap water for the plants. But it is not some growth miracle. The K value is too low. @ on K is almost nothing and I have proved that by adding more K and having the plants respond, even overnight.

So I would like Scotty or another Mod to close this thread. I don't need you to insult me here. It also shows that no one who has the answer will give it up either or this thread would have been done on page one.

Maybe if you read what is written before you go off on a facking rampage you would think differently.

Let me write this one more time so even you can understand it.

MY family fish tank has NOTHING to do with and never will be connected to an AP unit. I only use the water as a Base for testing. Period! If you don't like that, that is your problem not mine. If you don't like this thread, why add pages of junk to it.

We collected the 200+ minnows so they would be the fish in our AP unit and would get moved to it once done. We went to pick up the AP FT and I passed on it because of a crack. I have not ordered or found another one yet. We have all the GBs on the balcony growing right now. They are waiting for a stand. The stand will be built around the tank.

As far as the perfect water goes, please consider it closed and over with.

MODS, please close this thread. I will do you all a favor and leave. I don't need this fracking crap on a thread. I thought this place was different then most forums but I guess not. Thanks to all that helped me so far.

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 10:15 
THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED, THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP.

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 11:32 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: maybe
I dont get why you are having a hissy fit, i might have been a bit mean but thats because i have told you multiple times now that you are doing it all wrong and dont seem to give a shit, but still expect experts to come and tell you how they run thier comercial AP (inbetween getting totally off topic about pigs in china).

how hard is it to simply add a proper filter to your indoor system and run some NFT tubes out on your balcony?
no one ever said anything about needing perfect water, that is your obsession, we have told you to just do it and stuff will grow!!
if stuff isnt growing, then read more and find out what you are missing!! (which i alreadt told you, bio filter and stop doing water changes)

i mean really, AP can be a simple as adding a horizontal drainpipe with some holes to a home aquarium..... but you dont want to hear that do you?
you say you have no room, but dont want to try ways that work which take very little room, just want to bring up mountain water and pig poo in icecream..... :rolleyes:

Quote:
The fish water is Ok and better then tap water for the plants. But it is not some growth miracle.

BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE THE SYSTEM CONNECTED AND YOU KEEP DOING WATER CHANGES!!!

lettuce uses almost nothing but nitrates!!! if you put in a bio filter instead of some silly floss filter and didnt do water changes, lettuce would grow in a *frack* week!!!

Quote:
MY family fish tank has NOTHING to do with and never will be connected to an AP unit. I only use the water as a Base for testing. Period!

AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY NOTHING IS WORKING!!

im sorry ive been so harsh with you, but 13 pages of nothing, not because no one wants to share, but because you wont listen to a word people say! ive had people PM me about you crapping on about things you know nothing about.
sit there and listen for a while instead of just going off on your own little idea which have no way of working, ever.....

if your home aquarium was setup properly for your tests to ever have a chance of working you would have.... 0 AMMONIA! you wouldnt be doing water changes because ammonia is too high! you would have high nitrates and 0 ammonia!!

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 13:14 
Yavimaya :bootyshake:

Oh I love the auto censor. Turns f .u. c. k .e. n into frack. So how many times did you write frack? F.U.C.K OFF buddy! I am finished with your stupid game where you think you are the God here.

Go peddle your crap some where else. You are not sorry, you are foolish and think you know it all. Go *now Paul, stop that* off buddy.

How many times do I have to write that our family tank is not and never will be *now Paul, stop that* connected to an AP unit. Can't you *now Paul, stop that* read. It is in the middle of my living room. How thick headed are you.

If it is 13 pages of nothing then why are you filling in even more worthless pages. I asked them to delete my account and you can take over as master of AP. I don't want to have anything to do with this anymore. It don't work as well as advertised for a small unit. And I am not going to wait 3 months for it to cycle. That is so stupid. What, work 1 year for 1 fish. How stupid is that? I don't have the room.

Good, I know nothing and you are the boss, Just go *now Paul, stop that* OFF! Mr Frack. And filter floss does not take out ammonia. It is hardened glass and can not be drilled for a sump or other bio filters to be added. I am just using it to hold about 275 fish at the moment. Can you count. That is over 10. The FT is just fine when it has the right amount of fish. I am/was stocking it for the other AP FT. But you cant read English very well and have to make up shit to make yourself feel better.

And if anyone wants to PM you about me then they don't have the balls to ask directly, then *now Paul, stop that* them also. What kind of a place is this. A back stabbing group of people like you. Screw this site and what ever you said. You are the one who had NO answers except the Bull shit what you think I am doing. How do you know what I am really doing. Do you think I tell you everything. What I really do is for me to know. What I ask is for all. Keep all your bullshit to your self. If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!. And nicely GO *now Paul, stop that* OFF! The owner should turn off all PMs if this is the back stabbing shit that goes on behind the scenes. I thought this was a nice site but NO, a holes like you think you own it and then stomp on beginners for *frack* fun. Screw you and the horse you rode in on. I hope all of your water turns to shit tomorrow and then see what you do! Kill every fish every plant with just a 10 gallon water change. Sorry not change/ addition due to evaporation.

By the way idiot, this is my thread and if I want to write about PIGS, so Be It! PIGS take an important role here in farms and water quality. They have more pigs here then people in the USA. Go start your own thread and write about your ideas. Then others can down you. *frack* Off!.

Maybe if I tell you to go *now Paul, stop that* off enough They will delete my account as I asked and I wont have to read any more of your bull shit. And I don't care if you can grow lettuce on a head of a pin. You are a trouble maker so go *now Paul, stop that* OFF again. The sad part is they will delete this post so nobody will get to read it.

And I didn't bring up the Pig Shit in the ice cream. So we all know you cant read very well. Go back to school fool. Learn how to comprehend who wrote what! silly :naughty: fool.

And if I want to bring up mountain water in a thread about water and it is my thread so be it. You are not my father nor the forum owner. What do you care? It is the second best water I can find. How many *frack* times do I have to write that our tap water kills fish and we bought a filter that strips out most everything so I have to add stuff back in. All I wanted to know is what to add. I don't need your BS mixed in this thread. You do know that you never had to read it or cant you figure that part out. Since you cant read very well maybe not! Stop blaming people for what they didn't write. Fool.

PostPosted: May 20th, '16, 13:27 

Are you human?: YES
I'm locking this thread for now and I've passed along your request Deuem. I'm probably going to come back and purge some of this but I think both of you should have considered just walking away from this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13