All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Feb 2nd, '16, 05:56 

Are you human?: YES
Hello,

My name is Chad Sheppeard - I am one of the owners of Wood Vinegar Australia and PyroAg. We are trying to introduce this and other sustainable agricultural products to Australian commercial farmers and believe that they can play an important roll in improving our soils and reducing our reliance on other ag chemicals.
Our product is the only Australian made wood vinegar and is processed in technology that is leading the field - all our products are independently lab tested to ensure quality and safety. Just a couple of points below may help answer some questions.

* I have seen a varying range of quality products - but if made from clean feedstocks, processed and used correctly pyroligneous acid (wood vinegar) is generally regarded as safe - it is listed and used as a food (smoke) flavouring product in the USA, is on the NZ stock feed safe list.

* It has been used in Agriculture for decades - particulary in Asia. There are many research studies out there and I have listed some at http://www.pyroligneousacid.com.au - I also have more on animal feed for calfs, goats, chickens, pigs, ducks but not much on fish.

* I can say without hesitation that the product has positive effects for soils and plants - but we are still to fully understand the "how and why". We are involved in many trials and pushing for more with the CSIRO to gain a better understanding and application practices for best efficacy.

* The list of "claimed uses" on the WV website is just claims we have found on the www - they are not our claims. We are concentrating our efforts to increase the knowledge around how it effects soil microbiology and plant resistance.

Kind Regards

Advertisement