All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 2nd, '20, 21:37 

Are you human?: Yes
Hi all!

I am currently conducting research at the University of York for my BSc dissertation exploring the visions that both professional and non-professional aquaponic practitioners have for the technology, in order to ascertain the field's developmental orientation.

Research often ignores the perspectives of people outside of the conventional research and development sphere, and so it would be great to get insights into the opinions and concerns of practitioners who often aren't included in such research.

Part of this research includes a 15 minute online questionnaire that can be found at https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3TWrLE2XCYblLUh.

It would be very much appreciated if anyone would be able to complete it.

Additionally, the research also consists of semi-structured interviews. If anyone would be interested in being interview over Skype or telephone, or has any general questions about my research, then please send me an email at jw2264@york.ac.uk

Thank you and best wishes!

Jake Williams

Advertisement

PostPosted: Feb 10th, '20, 16:34 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Are you human?: Yep
jw2264 wrote:
Hi all!

I am currently conducting research at the University of York for my BSc dissertation exploring the visions that both professional and non-professional aquaponic practitioners have for the technology, in order to ascertain the field's developmental orientation.

Research often ignores the perspectives of people outside of the conventional research and development sphere, and so it would be great to get insights into the opinions and concerns of practitioners who often aren't included in such research.

Part of this research includes a 15 minute online questionnaire that can be found at https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3TWrLE2XCYblLUh.

It would be very much appreciated if anyone would be able to complete it.

Additionally, the research also consists of semi-structured interviews. If anyone would be interested in being interview over Skype or telephone, or has any general questions about my research, then please send me an email at jw2264@york.ac.uk

Thank you and best wishes!

Jake Williams

This is a slightly laughable question...

"Is your English fluency of a sufficient level that you believe it not to impede your ability to provide answers representative of your opinions?"

No offence, but that is just silly.

How can you ask someone in legalese, a question that they would not be able to answer if the answer is "No".

Do you never stop failing to cease to ask questions to which the answer is in the affirmative? EH? (No I dont know what I said either)

And I think that that should read "to not" rather than "not to". Agghhh and so much more.

Start again.

Ask a kid to write it.

I'll continue with the survey...

This...

"Part 3 of 6 - Produce and Production

What should be aquaponics' main function in terms of food provisioning ?"

Is too far away from the users thoughts when they are filling out your survey as they get closer to the bottom of the page.

and...

Early on you ask about time lines as to where aquaponics will be done... back yard, local, regional, mega farms in terms of years from now... but later you ignore this with questions like... "Where will consumers be located in relation to production? (Choose all that apply)" ... that kind of depends on the timeline inferred by the first question. I think you need to rewrite your survey.

"What will be the relationship between producer and consumer? (Choose all that apply)"

When?

"What will"...Now, 10 years, 20 years, 50 years, 100 years?

This survey needs a rewrite.

I'd be happy to spend a few hours helping.

Sorry if I seem disparaging.

My intention is clarity.

My system

120 THINGS IN 20 YEARS - My blog about my learning adventure

My skills include being able to move slowly forward in time, and if I really concentrate, I can sometimes tell what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Feb 10th, '20, 23:26 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

I've seen this exact post before.I think it's spam.