All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: New
PostPosted: Nov 15th, '18, 06:41 

Are you human?: YES
New guy here from Mo...got a couple of small systems...one that has been going for several years with the same 15 goldfish that has graduated to a 200 gallon tote and another small system with a fresh new batch of small goldfish in a 125 qt cooler..soon to begin raising fish to eat..I know NOTHING....it seems...lol Thanks and howdee

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: New
PostPosted: Nov 16th, '18, 07:36 

I meant to add I am in a unique situation where I have water coming up from the ground that comes complete with its own nutes...big trouble?...not here....fresh do over available 24/7 with underground river water which we have grown plants in straight from the ground.

PostPosted: Nov 19th, '18, 21:06 

yet another dead forum...see ya

PostPosted: Nov 19th, '18, 22:54 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Unless you ask a question or post a photo it's likely that people won't have much to say. Especially if your messages are cryptically written

PostPosted: Nov 19th, '18, 22:57 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
Howdy and welcome brushhippie.
What were you after with your post? I post a lot, some might say too much. Sometimes I get lucky and get any of the hundreds of AP experts to reply. I really need to ask something specific to get replies. Perhaps that is what happened here?
Brian

PostPosted: Nov 20th, '18, 06:26 

Not really after anything..just sayin hello..always trying to learn something new...I did not even look to see if anybody was posting here I just joined thinking there were folks about. I just prefer forums to fazebook...I still remember when forums were communities....folks would sit down in the mornin with coffee...or in the evening with whiskey...lol or whatever...not trying to offend...just thought it was another tumble weeds forum.

PostPosted: Nov 20th, '18, 06:52 

Are you gearing down for the winter or do you have this partially indoors?

PostPosted: Nov 20th, '18, 07:23 

Well...I am going to run it into the winter as long as I can keep the greenhouse up...we really do not get much ice and snow nowdays so hopefully I can continue on through the winter..I am working on heating water to bring the temps up to...upper 60s I think?..heating with a wood stove so it is a full time job..this was really not my intention..but since I have it going and the plants I have transplanted are doing fairly well..adding the nutes air and heating it up should really get it all going...now these except for the big tomato plant are all transplants from the big one I had going above the tank this year..I just lopped off a limb and put it in the floating beds and they just took off..some seem to really lik the floating raft some not so much BUT..I just really have gotten the oxygen to them so..I am expecting everything to do much better.

Last edited by brushhippie on Nov 20th, '18, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Nov 20th, '18, 07:25 

Forgive the clutter and the junk yard set up..I use what I can get my paws on for the most part. Pretty funny it is November and the beans are loaded..(what the rats did not eat bastards) the corn is small but covered with pollen and all headed out..the peppers I transplanted from little brothers dirt patch have started making peppers again.

PostPosted: Nov 20th, '18, 21:56 
A posting God
A posting God

Mornin'
Looks like a working system from here. You had me with the trashcan on the wood heater, lol!
Where is Pineville if you don't mind saying?
Brian
P.S. try the "New Posts" button on top to see precisely how un-tumble weedy we are.

PostPosted: Nov 21st, '18, 05:38 

Southwest corner of Missouri...glad to see folks still hanging out!... very!

PostPosted: Nov 21st, '18, 14:18 

Take a look at your hours of daylight. Plants won't grow much with under 10 hours of daylight. You can probably reduce the heating if the plants won't be growing anyway. Adding supplemental lighting works to keep things growing if you'd rather. Here's a table - on November 23rd your daylight hours will fall below 10.

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/pineville-mo

Elliot Coleman calls these the Persephone days.

PostPosted: Nov 21st, '18, 20:27 

Believe it or not...where we are situated..down in a "holler" (they call them here) I only get three or four good hours of sun a day in the summer...which I thought would never be enough for anything to produce down here...I was dead wrong..and now with the leaves off..I get more sun than I did ...everything is really doing remarkably well for the lack of nute and water temps..I should have the heater online today..I expect to see this stuff really come alive once I add the potassium and bring up the temps..wish me luck..always at the very least a great science project!

PostPosted: Nov 29th, '18, 00:01 
A posting God
A posting God

I'm interested to hear how your Winter reboot goes. Are you adressing the shortened sunlight hours? In our earth-sheltered greenhouse I added LED lighting in the hope I could fool the plants into believing the days are still long. I haven't seen the results I was hoping for, but there are some drafts coming from a leaky door which maybe affecting the growth.
Brian

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk