All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: May 19th, '19, 07:57 

Are you human?: Yes
Hello everyone.I'm Ken and I am located south Mississippi.I work from home and do gardening for fun and to get healthier food.
I built a greenhouse recently.With the intentions of one day doing aquaponics.Its been a while since I studied up on aquaponics(did a big report on it for college about 4 years ago).

Currently I have my crops in pots but the greenhouse is to hot and things are getting burnt.
I thought about installing a mister system on a timer to keep the greenhouse cooler.
I also thought about using a mesh tarp over the greenhouse to keep it a bit cooler.

I understand a vent on the roof would help to vent out hot air.I built a hoop style GH,and the hoop is made with cattle panel..So I'm a bit unsure how I would install a vent on this style roof..any suggestion are welcomed

I would like to do some refreshers on aquaponics.I want to go solar powered so I dont have to run cords out to my greenhouse .

Thank you for reading this

Advertisement

PostPosted: May 20th, '19, 08:15 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
covering the greenhouse would be the quick easy way if it's not too large, some people paint them with a lime wash in summer providing protection then when rains come it washes off, assuming you get winter rains. Hoop greenhouses often have ventilation holes at either end high up to help with air flow and cooling.

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: May 20th, '19, 23:28 

I cant do the paint option becuase it rains all the time here,which is odd weather.

I have vents.but its not helping.I want to install a roof vent I just dont know how

PostPosted: May 21st, '19, 07:28 

Ken,

You used cattle panels to build your hoop house, but what did you cover the wire with? Can you remove some of the covering at the top and replace it with screen for the summer?

I live in an RV year round and use solar power most of the time. I always try to find 12 volt DC powered equipment if possible. I have several fans - from a small USB powered fan over the bed to this -

https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-Vent- ... way&sr=8-4

If you are interested in setting up a solar power system I can help.