All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Where has everyone gone?
PostPosted: Jan 19th, '20, 12:46 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Depends
Is it me or this forum is not as active as before?

My 3rd Future System - Expanding Now

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 19th, '20, 17:39 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Think this is quiet,check this out http://backyardfarming.com.au/phpbb3/ :lol:

"view active topics" then "Display posts from previous:" Try 1 year :lol:

PostPosted: Jan 19th, '20, 20:44 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: yes
I was wondering what was going on myself. Used to be a lot more posts going on. Figured it must just be the time of year or something. Perhaps the fires?

PostPosted: Jan 21st, '20, 06:57 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: no
Some have moved to facebook, I heard, definately a lot quieter since the days of the physical catchups in 2006 - 2010.

PostPosted: Jan 21st, '20, 11:14 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
It's because you haven't been here Ivan.......... lol

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Jan 21st, '20, 13:41 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: unsure
Guessing a lot have moved on, well the helpful, chatty ones in any case :lol:

I know a few have moved or don't have aquaponics anymore, others only post occasionally.

PostPosted: Jan 22nd, '20, 04:02 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

I still look in every day [don't say much]

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '20, 09:31 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

I usually log in most days and have a look but I virtually gave up posting a long time ago because every time I did I was criticised for what I was doing so I decided to do my own thing and not worry. The last straw was when I showed my set up for running trout in summer. While some had a great set up where they were using a old freezer to cool theirs. I have a tank under a white cover and I can spray water on a shade cloth above it to cool it. Some said it would use too much power and I would too much water to evaporation. I thought well the little pump I am using would be nothing compared to a freezer and it was only during a prolonged heat wave that I needed it. So I will just do my own thing and I am still doing it . I have made an accasional post since and there has been no comment.

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '20, 22:35 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: yes
dbird wrote:
I usually log in most days and have a look but I virtually gave up posting a long time ago because every time I did I was criticised for what I was doing so I decided to do my own thing and not worry. The last straw was when I showed my set up for running trout in summer. While some had a great set up where they were using a old freezer to cool theirs. I have a tank under a white cover and I can spray water on a shade cloth above it to cool it. Some said it would use too much power and I would too much water to evaporation. I thought well the little pump I am using would be nothing compared to a freezer and it was only during a prolonged heat wave that I needed it. So I will just do my own thing and I am still doing it . I have made an accasional post since and there has been no comment.

Good Day....

I just wanted to be the first to reply to your comment. Since you said that you don't ever get any comments! lol

First! :D

That being said... your build sounds interesting. I will look it up and have a read. What temps do you normally see in your climate?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '20, 23:10 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Are you human?: Yup
dbird wrote:

Not sure who or why you were criticised for cooling your system dbird, I carried trout through 2 Perth summers using your above mentioned method.

And I could pretty much put a date on when the forum began to fade, the same time ROZ was kicked off the forum with little to no explanation.

Besides, with 350sq metres becoming the normal sized block now days, who has room for an AP set up?

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '20, 07:49 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Rupert of oz = ROZ? I tried looking him up, heard he moved to facebook by choice??? This thread could well turn into a bring him back campaign :D :D :D

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '20, 15:28 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

dbird wrote:

Criticism is good,because maybe they might see something that you haven't picked up on & it's going to improve the system.
I would like to know,how big are the roots on those 2 massive banana trees in that pot? :lol:

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '20, 18:38 

Are you human?: Yep
This time of year is always quite on all forums (foru?)

According to the tagline at the bottom the page, it's just me and some bots on at the moment, but give it a couple of weeks.

As for Rup, I'm friends (as in frended, so not really friends) with him on facebook, and he appears to just be doing his own thing.

I asked him once about what happened, but he didnt have a lot to say, so I left it alone. I also asked someone else before that, and they basically said it wasn't their story to tell.

I use that line a lot now.

It's a good line to live with...

"It's not my story to tell."

My system

120 THINGS IN 20 YEARS - My blog about my learning adventure

My skills include being able to move slowly forward in time, and if I really concentrate, I can sometimes tell what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Jan 27th, '20, 13:03 
A posting God
A posting God

I still check in. My system is almost empty. It took a long time to get a thousand fish out of the pool. A cod was helping me. I'm going to turn the pool into a walkin green house or a pool again. Next system will be a smaller one that is more centered around generating solids for worm farms.

I'm currently down the rabbit hole growing mushrooms and just painted my first bee hive.

http://www.backyardfarming.com.au/phpbbb/

PostPosted: Jan 29th, '20, 10:59 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
Hmmm, this keeps coming back up doesn't it.. Roz was booted because he owed BYAP a LOT of money for a LONG time from his time when he bought and sold BYAP goods. It was an ongoing saga for years and I'd rather not say any more than that, and I'm sure he'd probably rather I didn't even say what I have. Lets just leave it at that hey.....

Profile Personal album