All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 11:22 
Humm... it used to have a link to a google doc.... that listed all the events worldwide... with specific links...

Maybe Monsanto asked Facebook to take it down... :dontknow:

Advertisement

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 11:24 
Here ya go..... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... omany=true

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 11:26 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: What is human?
Thanks Rup.

That website i linked to has a spreadsheet type page with places as well.

Not going to be one in Gerotown :(

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 16:54 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: Not on Mondays
Definitely the govt links that give me the Tom tits. Businesses can be corrupt, that's a given. But public awareness about US govt involvement is important.

Visit my blog at http://seedtoseed.wordpress.com

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 17:14 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: Yes, but not proudly
Yeah, and now of course somebody has to say that the Green Terrorists have their own agenda and that non of the info about Monsanto is true, all made up and just to damage the company for some unknown reason. He or She is the only one that knows the whole truth and we are all badly informed suckers.

Yep, Monsanto is totally innocent and only has the best in the mind for humanity. They only try to solve the "food crisis" and help to feed the whole world. Such an un-selfish samaritan deed has, of course, a price to be paid for. Farmers only need to shut the *frack* up, buy their seeds, Round Up and pay a license fee to be part of this divine plan. Oh, and sign a contract that takes away all their freedom and future rights. Thats all. Now, why complain about such a good hearted initiative? :?

I know you can do it, but....better you don't!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Domani-Aquaponics-Thailand/630010393681321

My system: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16254&p=407926#p407926

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 17:25 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Oops! Not good for Thailand.

Monsanto eyes RI’s corn rise on new seeds
Anggi M. Lubis, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Business | Sat, May 18 2013, 3:20 PM
A- A A+
Paper Edition | Page: 14

US-based biotech giant Monsanto Indonesia plans to help boost Indonesia’s corn production by more than half in two years time by introducing its genetically modified corn seeds.

Monsanto Indonesia corporate affairs head Herry Kristanto said on Thursday that the company expected Indonesia’s corn yield to increase from its current 4.95 tons per hectare to 7.5 tons per hectare by 2015, assuming that its technologically modified seeds would start trading in the domestic market by next year.

Monsanto Indonesia’s move here is part of its parent company’s global action plan to help double world corn production by 2030 amid dwindling plots of land and natural resources that have become more scarce, coupled with increasing populations.

Herry said Monsanto’s proposed biotech corn, or transgenic, seeds had passed a series of tests by Indonesia’s Commission for Genetically Engineered Bioproduct Safety, which examined whether or not the seeds would cause harm to humans or animals if consumed, while the commission was still assessing the environmental impacts of the seeds.

“With the transgenic seeds, Indonesia will not only be corn self-sufficient but will also be able to support neighboring countries, mainly Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines,” he said.

Monsanto Indonesia currently produces around 10,000 tons of hybrid corn seeds per annum from its facility in Mojokerto, East Java, with 30 percent of production going to Thailand and Vietnam.

Herry said Monsanto Indonesia would export some of the transgenic seeds to the Philippines once they passed all the tests conducted by the commission.

The Philippines, according to Herry, offers huge potential as it has around 18,000 hectares of biotech corn fields, with most of the seeds imported from outside the region.

Genetically modified crops are designed by scientists to make higher yields and are more resistant to insects and herbicides.

The technology, however, continues to be a topic of hot debate worldwide.

Scientists have said that they saw rats develop ailments, including cancer, as a result of consuming genetically modified crops.

Environmentalists also have argued that genetically modified crops can tamper with the nature.

Indonesia is currently home to 3 million hectares of corn fields but is far from self-sufficient in regards to the commodity.

The Indonesian Animal Feed Producers Association (GPMTI) predicted that Indonesia would import 2.8 million tons of corn this year, up 64.7 percent from last year’s imports of 1.7 million tons due to the growing demand for animal feed.

Central Statistics Agency (BPS) data said that grain consumption increased by an average of 8 percent each year between 2000 and 2012, while corn yields increased on average by only 6 percent within the same period, with corn fields growing only 1 percent per annum.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Domani-Aquaponics-Thailand/630010393681321

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 17:48 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: yes
Domani wrote:
Oops! Not good for Thailand.
Or Iraq...
Quote:
For the record: "U.S. declares Iraqis can not save their own seeds"

"As part of sweeping "economic restructuring" implemented by the Bush Administration in Iraq, Iraqi farmers will no longer be permitted to save their seeds, which include seeds the Iraqis themselves have developed over hundreds of years. Instead, they will be forced to buy seeds from US corporations. That is because in recent years, transnational corporations have patented and now own many seed varieties originated or developed by indigenous peoples. In a short time, Iraq will be living under the new American credo:

Pay Monsanto, or starve ."

But wait, there's more...
Iraq Seeds wrote:
The reason we are in Iraq is to plant the seeds of democracy so they flourish there and spread to the entire region of authoritarianism.’ - George W. Bush

When George W. Bush spoke of planting the ‘seeds of democracy’ few realized he might have had in mind Monsanto seeds.

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 17:53 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Woohoo!!! That's exactly what we need. More corn! More high fructose corn syrup! More obesity! More insulin resistance and more diabetes. Then we can make more drugs to "save" more lives. What a great govt initiative. All those lives saved...

Maybe we can get cheaper AP fish food made of GM corn. And eat our fish with corn. I wonder if we could make baby formula with it?

Far out. :evil:

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 20:15 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: Yes
GM Corn - Calcium 14 ppm Non GM Corn - 6130 ppm
GM Corn - Magnesium - 2 ppm Non GM Corn - 113
GM Corn - Phosphorous - 3 ppm Non GM Corn - 44

The List Goes on

http://permaculturenews.org/2013/04/22/ ... n-gm-corn/

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 20:30 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Thai government does not allow GMO rice, at least until 2015. It came even so far, that officials got angry at Monsanto for pushing too much on GMO rice. "Monsanto must stop pushing the so-called benefits of GMO rice and ignoring the bio-diversity of Thai rice (over thousands of species!), off which most are naturally resistant to local deceases."

Farmers even demanded that all GMO rice present in Thai research centers should be destroyed to prevent possible contamination of the local species.

For now Monsanto has not yet a foot in the door here, but I wonder how much longer the resistance can put up with the power hunger of these mother *frack*! In the mean time they come in through the backdoor with their GMO corn seeds, and who nows what more?

The waiting is for the Monsanto Marketing Machine to step into the topic here..... :twisted:

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 20:40 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Thailand 1, Australia 0

:(

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 20:41 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Good info, Terra, that link to corn comparison. Also shocking and frightening. :shock:

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 20:41 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Australia allows GMO's?

PostPosted: May 19th, '13, 22:34 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Yes in NSW not sure about other states. Can't remember if it was soy or wheat. Think it was wheat. I kinda blocked it out cause I didn't want to know. Does anyone know?

PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 17:47 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: Only after a coffee
The biggest one in australia is GM canola.
I will be marching this Saturday 25th in Perth from 1.30pm onwards. Starting at parliment house. All the major cities in australia have similar meetings organised for that day too. Im not an environmental extremist but the biggest issue with GM food right now is that it does not have to be labled as such by law.
How can we make informed decisions about what we put in our bodies if we are ALLOWED to know if it has been grown naturally from seed passed down through generations or had genes from other orgamisms like bacteria spliced into it in a lab.
Join the March Against Monsanto to help get the message through to the government. At the very least deserve the RIGHT to choose to buy and eat food with geneticly modified ingrediance.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Karl.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

viewtopic.php?t=12309

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next