All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 18:05 
Edgewateraqua wrote:
At the very least deserve the RIGHT to choose to buy and eat food with geneticly modified ingrediance.

:headbang:

Although I'd like the right to choose... NOT to buy and eat genetically modified food.... :D

Advertisement

PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 18:40 

Are you human?: mostly
all food is gm
science just makes it faster
I don’t know how you can have a thorough bred Labrador when all dogs originated from wolves

a democracy is where a majority choose a minority to bully them

PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 18:48 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: Only after a coffee
Please visit the link
http://stevemarshbenefitfund.com.au/

"Steve Marsh is  an organic farmer from Kojonup Western Australia. In December 2010 Steve, had genetically modified (GM) canola seeds blown onto his property from a neighbouring farm. Approximately 70 percent of Mr Marsh’s property is now contaminated. His organic certification has been suspended by the certifying body, the National Association for Sustainable Agriculture Australia (Inc), putting his livelihood and whole harvest into limbo.
Fortunately Steve had taken precautions to declare his property GM free and had gone to the expense of setting up signs and getting legal advice. He has consequently started a legal action against his GM neighbour following confirmation of GM contamination from the WA Dept of Agriculture. GM giant Monsanto has stated that it will support the GM famer’s legal action and the Pastoralists & Graziers Association (WA) Inc has agreed to pay the respondent neighbours legal fees. Monsanto, the main company responsible for developing and promoting GMOs, has insisted on “no-liability” agreements with participating farmers, making the company immune from persecution or liability for any “fall out” from its products."

So yes the answer is yes we do have Geneticly Modified crops in Australia and Monsanto will defend any attempt to oppose GMOs (geneticly modified organisms) with all its considrable wealth and political influence.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Karl.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

viewtopic.php?t=12309

PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 19:02 

Are you human?: Daughters think not
Canola oil is great for oiling bike chains but that's about it, as is all oil labelled vegetable oil.
Butter, coconut oil, and olive oil is all I will use here in the future. And since making this change, I have had positive comments from the consumers in this house

PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 19:31 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: yes
I'll be at the Melb one - was unsure I could go because the missus has been rather ill - appendix op then complications, but she seems to be better enough I can be gone for the day...

Monsanto is merely the latest personification of overbearing Corporateers and Bankstersout to rule us all. If we sit back and let this keep going, how long before we get told what we can (more likely can't) grow in our AP systems?

I've stuck with Olive oil since I learned years ago about the change from monounsaturated to saturated transfats - heat almost any oil to (say) deep fry chips and when it cools it is almost totally solid - the oil has been (I think) hydrogenated and is now bad for you. Olive oil on the other hand will have only a very small amount of hydrogenated fat - it increases each time you use it - and you can easily pour off the good oil.

I've also stuck with butter since learning what margarine is and how it is made. Cholesterol is just fine thank you - had it checked about a month back.

Not a fan of man-made substitutes - if you really want to scare yourself, take a look at the side effects of substances like aspartame and then read up on its history and why it was first produced.

PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 21:09 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: 0110010110
mantis wrote:
Canola oil is great for oiling bike chains but that's about it, as is all oil labelled vegetable oil.
Butter, coconut oil, and olive oil is all I will use here in the future. And since making this change, I have had positive comments from the consumers in this house

+1

Don't forget the lard and drippings :)

PostPosted: May 22nd, '13, 21:26 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: Yes, but not proudly
Steve Marsh is an organic farmer, so I guess HE didn't sign a no-liability agreement with Monsanto, since he is not a participant in their "program of destruction". So lets hope he gets it right and set a precedent for future contaminations of neighbors and their poison suppliers.

On one side, one could show some compassion for these Monsanto geeks. Imagine, suddenly you have the key to total world power in your hands. You are the one that are in charge of live and death through the seeds for food that people need to survive. Once you cut of all their other means to provide themselves with natural food, you are the one in charge and can ask any price you like or deny supply to anybody you don't like. It must be hard to stick to humane and good principles with such a large mountain of gold and power in front of you.

On the other hand, people who are so infinitely greedy and short sighted, not to say completely stupid, do not deserve to walk this earth and destroy everything around them. Some people have just enough (I say, JUST enough) intelligence to think they are smart. And those are the most dangerous people for their environment.

I have compassion, but not enough to let these mother frackers go ahead. Demonstrating is one thing, putting a stop to it another. RISE and STRIKE!

I know you can do it, but....better you don't!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Domani-Aquaponics-Thailand/630010393681321

My system: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16254&p=407926#p407926

PostPosted: May 23rd, '13, 06:23 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

RupertofOZ wrote:
Edgewateraqua wrote:
At the very least deserve the RIGHT to choose to buy and eat food with geneticly modified ingrediance.

:headbang:

Although I'd like the right to choose... NOT to buy and eat genetically modified food.... :D

Oops yeah thanks for pointing that out.

Karl.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”

viewtopic.php?t=12309

PostPosted: May 23rd, '13, 06:31 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

esckay wrote:
all food is gm
science just makes it faster
I don’t know how you can have a thorough bred Labrador when all dogs originated from wolves

a democracy is where a majority choose a minority to bully them

The difference here is selective breeding of natural mutations over many generations vs adding genes from a totaly unrelated species to try and achieve a desired trait. Id say the mega rich multinational company executives are the minority bullying us the public.

Karl.

viewtopic.php?t=12309

PostPosted: May 23rd, '13, 07:56 

Are you human?: Considering it
I'll be there... :)

And this is interesting too...

http://nogmo.streamshare.com/posts/4217

PostPosted: May 23rd, '13, 21:34 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: Yes, but not proudly
Monsanto translates to "my saint"........

Let's change it to Nonsanto (No saint) to start with. From that one you can derive nonsense, which is what they communicate. Seems to fit pretty good. :D

I know you can do it, but....better you don't!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Domani-Aquaponics-Thailand/630010393681321

My system: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16254&p=407926#p407926

PostPosted: May 24th, '13, 10:37 

Are you human?: Considering it
Mondiabolo perhaps?

PostPosted: May 24th, '13, 11:17 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

DoomSatano? :D

PostPosted: May 26th, '13, 18:55 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

As a consumer i demand to know if the food i buy contains gmo's. The consumer has power, if everyone made the decision not to buy gmo products their popularity would soon be measured. The companys insist we dont need to know, or labeling would be costly and too dificult. However you can buy coffee with a warning label on the lid " caution contents hot" oh duh.

PostPosted: May 26th, '13, 22:08 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Then let your local members know you want the labelling - it is one of the things up for change, In Australia we have had quality labelling for a long time now; leaving out whether something contains GM products is a change for the worse and contravenes current laws demanding ingredients be listed with relevant information.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next