All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '13, 23:36 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: Meat Popsicle
While I was heading to the store today, I noticed a vehicle parked at the entrance to my neighborhood that was kind of blocking the entrance a little. I pulled over and decided to investigate. I asked if everything was alright, and she said that her steering just stopped working. I told her it could be a shot power steering pump or a bad serpentine belt most likely.

After she popped the hood, I found out that the belt had came off the track. Another man, pulled over and asked if he could help since he is an aircraft mechanic. He had a belt tensioner tool thing, and we were able to put the damaged, but still functioning, belt back on the pulleys. He also noticed her idler pulley was loose and that's probably why it fell off in the first place. We tightened it back on and had her start the car. The idler pulley started to loosen again and the belt came off. Basically the bearing seized up.

We then headed over to an auto parts place and got her a new belt and idler pulley. Took 30 mins to replace everything, and she was on her way home. I told her I stopped to help because I just like to help people out especially when its something I'm really good at, like working on vehicles. I probably saved her a couple of hundred dollars (Parts were only ~$40. Where as a tow and a mechanic would of probably set her back $350-450) So that made be feel pretty good too.

Now she was pretty cute too, but I didn't see her until after I had parked my vehicle and started to walk over there so I wasn't thinking with my other head. Now I was thinking of trying to get her number, but she had a boyfriend. So maybe not completely selfless, but I like doing good deeds when I can.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jul 1st, '13, 07:32 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: Not on Mondays
Ha ha as if she never played on her good looks and charm to get something for nothing. Like my dad says we learn that stuff at the breast.

Visit my blog at http://seedtoseed.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Jul 1st, '13, 08:07 

Are you human?: Nope! I'm a machine.
Zeknix, I'm sure your good deed will be repaid when you need it.

Profile Personal album