All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: I am Mad as Heck!!!
PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 11:00 

Are you human?: yes
Okay, I usually don't care what my neighbors do in their back yard. I live in a rural area, nice, quiet and where you can enjoy nature at it's best. But I now have a marijuana grow site that just moved in next door to me. The guy that owns the place move out some time ago and left his place in the hands of a property management outfit that is funding this renter.

Now all the other property owners are banning together to get rid of this operation as it posses a big threat in our area. I don't care if the illusion of medicinal use of pot makes people believe in it. I for one am Allergic to the @#$%^& stuff and will suffer greatly as time goes on.

We have a covenant in our development that flatly states they can not operate a business in our area, and we are facing legal actions against them. Wish I could move but with them here I can not sell as my property value just tanked......

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: I am Mad as Heck!!!
PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 11:52 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: maybe
Sorry to hear of your woes.
i think the effects are drifting across already though. :P

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 12:21 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Not before 8am
Korahs wrote:
Okay, I usually don't care what my neighbors do in their back yard. I live in a rural area, nice, quiet and where you can enjoy nature at it's best. But I now have a marijuana grow site that just moved in next door to me.
How is it affecting the serenity of the area?

Quote:
Now all the other property owners are banning together to get rid of this operation as it posses a big threat in our area.
What's the big threat?... and can you actually see it growing in plain view from the street, or are they advertising their operation etc?

Quote:
I don't care if the illusion of medicinal use of pot makes people believe in it.
It's not an Illusion... I personally know of two people that are still alive because of it. Both were given the "We're sorry, but there's nothing more we can do" talk... One was given 2-3 months to live about 10 months ago, after stomach cancer had spread to other organs. The doctors can't believe the secondary tumors have disappeared and the primary tumor has reduced in size dramatically... they especially can't believe he's still alive... and putting on weight.

If you look up "Rick Simpson Cannabis Oil Protocol" or "Phoenix Tears", you will see testimonials from hundreds upon hundreds, if not thousands of people that have benefitted from the Oil, and not just cancer sufferers, it's proving effective on a wide variety of otherwise life threatening or debilitating illnesses, including Parkinson's, MS, Epilepsy, Diabetes, High blood pressure, even Schizophrenia... yes!... Schizophrenia. Progressive governments, that aren't in the pocket of pharmaceutical companies, are encouraging, even funding and facilitating research into the benefits of Cannabis oil, for a wide variety of diseases and ailments.

Rick's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Sim ... 4923502987

On the other hand, smoking it has no, or very little therapeutic or remedial benefits according to studies... other than easing pain and increasing appetite.

Quote:
I for one am Allergic to the @#$%^& stuff and will suffer greatly as time goes on.
What happens if you come into contact with it?... and would having it grow "nearby" actually affect you?... ie: do you actually have be in contact with it for there to be any adverse reactions?

Quote:
We have a covenant in our development that flatly states they can not operate a business in our area
It may say a business can't be operated in the area, such as a public nursery, or trucking yard, or kennels, or retail business etc... but what does it say about cropping?

Quote:
Wish I could move but with them here I can not sell as my property value just tanked......
Do you have evidence that property prices have "tanked" because of the operation?... or are you assuming?... If they have tanked because of it then surely you would have grounds to take the issue up with your local council/county, especially if the operation is in contravention of an area covenant.

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 12:39 
Legend Member
Legend Member

I'm allergic to ragweed and mold.

Reproducing Sunfish (Bluegill/Redear/Crappie)
Feed training Crappie
Breeding tilapia

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 13:04 
A posting God
A posting God

I have always wanted a brewery on one side of my property and a tobacco plantation on the other; instead I get people who mess about with horses. :roll:

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 13:07 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Is the creator of this thread a real member or a bot. With the increasing number of states legalizing pot in the states more people are becoming politically active around the issue. Some of those people may be employing bot tactics to get their message across.

Would not a real member have posted this in the venting thread?

http://www.FishFarmers.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/fisharmers?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
http://hedgerowfarm.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/HedgerowFarmVictoria/

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 13:13 
A posting God
A posting God

The spelling and grammar is worse than most stoners i have ever met stuart, but not as bad as a bot.
im pretty sure they are a real member.

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 13:22 
A posting God
A posting God

Shift key only work on t's Yav? You must be for real. :-P

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 13:30 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Yes
Yavimaya wrote:
The spelling and grammar is worse than most stoners i have ever met stuart, but not as bad as a bot.
im pretty sure they are a real member.

The US gov (and probably others) has people employed to just go online and spread their ideas, but backyard aquaponics isn't the sort of forum I'd pick. Look at some of the popular areas of Reddit, there was a big scandal with moderators pushing their values which align with government things, and keeping other things very quiet (eg, nsa wiretapping) . However, looking back on her posting history, I'd say legit.

On the growing pot in the backyard theme. Each to their own, I struggle to see how an allergy from it growing nextdoor could affect you, but I'm no expert. Is it legalised in your area? I could understand not wanting to have bikies or your local equivanlent in your area, but if it's legal, it takes away from those elements. If it's somebody growing for themselves, let them be, they aren't hurting anybody

My Aquaponic Youtube Channel

The Black-Byron Ice Creamery Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 13:38 
A posting God
A posting God

Sleepe wrote:
Shift key only work on t's Yav? You must be for real. :-P

Yep :(
My L is broken too. :(

oh its working on M's now :happy:

I also agree Colum, which is why im having fun with the fact that they seem very anti-drug, yet spell worse than most drug addicts i have met in my life.
Didnt know about the Reddit thing though.

If there are males (unlikely) then perhaps the pollen could spread on the wind and cause a few problems.

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 14:15 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

You guys a harsh, not everybody can be a literary genius!

poor lady is angry and upset, and I doubt she's a bot as bot's don't have AP systems.

Re: viewtopic.php?t=22031

personally I wouldn't mind a commercial marijuana farm next door to me,
However if one was allergic to hemp it would be a bad thing.

mind you can't say I've heard of allergy issues with hemp plants?

but if it is a rural property one would expect some rural activity.

how would they grow hemp in Oregon, in a green house?

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 15:00 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Not before 8am
Yavimaya wrote:
If there are males (unlikely) then perhaps the pollen could spread on the wind and cause a few problems.
Hence my question about whether the O.P. actually needs to be in contact with the plants to have an allergic reaction... Cannabis growers, especially commercial growers, go to extreme lengths to avoid growing male plants, so there shouldn't be a pollen issue for the neighbours.

In fact commercial growers would probably go to the extent of growing in sealed greenhouses with the fresh air being drawn into the greenhouse through filtration systems to avoid pollination of the crop... which leads into/answers Slowboat's question...

Quote:
how would they grow hemp in Oregon, in a green house?
Yep!... I would imagine commercial growers would definitely be growing in greenhouses, or more likely indoors under lights, especially in Oregon.

Also, in my twenty years in the hydroponic industry, including 14 years owning a hydro store, I've never yet heard of anyone having an allergy to Cannabis... It may well just be a moral allergy... especially considering there is research taking place on using Cannabis oil both orally and topically in the treatment of a range of allergies and skin conditions.

Quote:
but if it is a rural property one would expect some rural activity.
Yep!...

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 15:18 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: too early to tell
I think I may be allergic to it.
My main symptoms are sticky fingers and lethargy.

I'm starting a duck farm.
I'm gonna call it "Eider Downs"

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 17:48 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: yes, arent we all ?
telonline wrote:
I think I may be allergic to it.
My main symptoms are sticky fingers and lethargy.

:laughing3:

Very common symptoms indeed :think: often coinciding with an increase in the intake of cookies and chocolate and pizza and anything else in the cupboard. :funny1:

fish pond
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16559

disasters
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14491&start=30

PostPosted: Jun 30th, '14, 21:59 

Okay, I am not a BOT! Just one ticked off person.

I break out in hives with red inflamed rashes from head to foot. I tend to have a reaction when I touch it not sure if smelling it would cause me harm, but I do like to breath. I just do not want to take that chance. Their field is not contained in a secured greenhouse thus I will be able to see it and smell it when they harvest. It is not in a secured area and if you want to steal it nothing will stop you not even the pit-bull that is around. We also have a 1% bike gang living close by and when they find out it is here I am not quite sure what they will do...

As for the rest of your comments, I do have evidence that my property values have tanked because of it and You need a license and permits to be able to grow here in Oregon. But as I am told by the officials this is not a registered grow site and they are now investigating the property. Sorry my grammar is in question and no I am not pushing a political agenda. I am just one TICKED OFF LADY!!!