All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sep 10th, '14, 09:18 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
Back in february Nat had a very minor bingle in one of the BYAP work cars in a car park. The damage to our car was just a broken indicator light, the other car had what they reckoned was something like $1800 worth of damage. :shock: Anyway, their insurance company wrote to me, I responded providing my insurance brokers details. A while back (june 16th) they contacted me again saying they needed my insurance claim number. I wrote back saying I didn't have a claim number, providing my insurance companies contact details to them again.

This morning I get another email from them almost 2 months after I last responded.

Quote:
We have contacted (xx insurance), and they have advised us that there is no claim lodged.

Due to this, we are unable to liase with (xx insurance).

They have asked us to advise yourself to contact their office so a claim can be lodged.

Once this is done, SGIO will then be able to deal with (xx insurance).

Can you please advise us once this has been done and supply us with the claim number.

I no longer have the vehicle and have canceled the insurance, I thought it was all dealt with. I don't really understand this whole process. Last time there was a work vehicle accident (again our vehicle needed no repairs) I never had to provide any claim number, the insurance companies just worked it all out.

Anyone know what happens when you have canceled insurance, but something like this still isn't finished? Struggling to find any info online for this sort of situation. :dontknow:

Profile Personal album  
    Advertisement

PostPosted: Sep 10th, '14, 10:58 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES, on my best days
As long as you were covered when the accident happened there is no issue. We have had this sort of thing happen at work a bit over the years.

The total damage even with their (I'm assuming) inflated idea of value, is still under $3K, so there was no need for a police report, and there should be no issue with them contacting your insurance company direct if you haven't made a claim, who should call or write to you to determine who was at fault and therefore any excess liability. I'm with SGIO and they are always pretty on the ball with any issues I've had, strange to see that sort of response from them.

I had an accident a few years back where I didn't make a claim but the other party did. I simply gave them SGIO's details and it got sorted without anything further from me. I didn't pay any excess until several months later when I finally got the damage from the accident to my car own fixed (I was at fault, sort of). My claim wasn't lodged until months after the accident so their claim had been well and truly sorted by then.

My first system: Kat's "Pretty" Aquaponics
My second system: Kat's Newer & Bigger System
My backyard: Kat's (soon-to-be) Suburban Oasis
My tangents: Cheese-making

PostPosted: Sep 10th, '14, 19:59 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Sounds like your insurance company doesn't want to pay out and is being a stickler about the rules. Pick up the phone and report the incident to your (now old) insurance company. They want to hear from you to make sure there actually was an accident. All accidents involving other parties, even those without immediate claims, should be reported to your own insurance company.

PostPosted: Sep 11th, '14, 04:30 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Are you human?: no
Did you report the accident to your insurance