All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146  Next
 Post subject: Re: Funny pictures
PostPosted: Mar 13th, '15, 08:02 

Are you human?: Humans err, I Arrr!
Right! People on the etreme tend to gloss over the importanat stuff and fixate on unimportant things. I serserioudly doubt that Jesus would have had in issue with homosexuality.

My Patio System

My Indoor System

No single drop of rain believes it is responsible for the flood.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Mar 13th, '15, 11:06 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Yes
I'm quite glad we don't get as much of the extreme sorts like that in Australia.

Can't say I've ever seen somebody standing with a sign like that.

My Aquaponic Youtube Channel

The Black-Byron Ice Creamery Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Mar 13th, '15, 14:46 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
Where's Spock when you need him... :)

Attachment:
766869.jpg
766869.jpg [ 128.59 KiB | Viewed 3958 times ]

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Mar 13th, '15, 21:38 

We see the extreme here a lot. One of my favorite memories was seeing a bible beater on the corner in the gaslamp district, where a good number of nightclubs are, preaching at the top of his lungs. Then a group of Hari Krishna paraded by him completely drowning him out. Individually, each member was not chanting that loud, but the cumulative effect was much louder than the bible beater. The look of anger, and frustration on his face was classic! Basically the guy was telling everyone that they were going to hell, and tha Hari Krishnas were saying join us for some free vegitarian food, you are our sort of peeps.

My Patio System

My Indoor System

PostPosted: Mar 14th, '15, 11:08 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: Mostly
Ron,
Although I agree that the look of anger on the street preachers face, is more likely to turn people away than forward his cause. However if it was done out of love instead of malice. I do not see it as extreme at all. Having the courage to stand alone against a crowd if necessary, for your beliefs. Is quite honorable, most people cave to the pressures of a crowd. As for your earlier comment, "I serserioudly doubt that Jesus would have had in issue with homosexuality.". The good thing is there is no reason to have any doubt on what God, Jesus or the disciples thought on this very topic. It was all ready written down for us. The problem is to get the true and full meaning out of the bible it is often necessary to study in the original language. For 2 main reasons. 1 The English language is not as specific as the original Greek for instance. So it is more prone to twisting, if one so desires. 2 many of the modern translations have been purposely "softened" or twisted to allow for more acceptance and therefore sales. At the expense of the absolute truth. Actually He had a big problem with it, no matter what our society says. If you choose to learn for yourself, there is a link provided below.
http://bible-truths.com/homosex.htm

PostPosted: Mar 14th, '15, 13:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
Arguing over whether it's right or wrong for two people to love each other? Man how is that even a topic in this enlightened age. :dontknow: Perhaps people should put a little less emphasis on a book that's been rewritten so many times over the centuries and put a little more faith in people, in humanity in it's many varied and wondrous forms....

Marvel at it, don't fear or hate it.... :dontknow:

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Mar 14th, '15, 18:31 
A posting God
A posting God

The original bible was written in Greek?
Which bible are you talking about?

In Jesus time the language at the time would have been Roman (see Monty Python) or Aramaic or Hebrew.
Possibly the traders of the day would have a 'trading' knowledge of Greek.

For apparently a punishment I was sent to a school that had subjects like Ancient Greek History, and Ancient Greek and Latin as the language.
I am fairly certain that the sexual mores of the day did not cover homosexuality; Read the Ten Commandments and how it evolved eg V2
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

The Ox and the donkey are a bit over the top but 'yearn to possess'.

Anyway I am sure this sort of discussion is sort of not allowed and personally I would take the beer volcano and stripper factory. :lol:

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 00:21 

The new testament was a collection of letters written poorly in greek. Hence the titles like "letters to the corinthians." Anyways, homosexuality is covered in the old testament. Then again, it says not to cut your hair in the old testament too. Many a christian will cite that those are the "old rules" and that when Jesus died on the cross, the "old rules went too." Really it seems like an excuse to keep the rules people want, like the ability to gay bash, compared to the invonvienient ones, like observing Passover.

My Patio System

My Indoor System

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 01:36 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: Mostly
No sir that is why I linked to a study that focused more on the new testament. I forget who's said it but yes the bible letting was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek. Also if you are using the bible to "bash" people instead of helping people avoid later perils, you are not following yourself. As that is not what is taught. Anyways does anybody else have any more funny pictures. I could use a good laugh.

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 04:50 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Are you human?: yes
Ronmaggi wrote:
The new testament was a collection of letters written poorly in greek. Hence the titles like "letters to the corinthians." Anyways, homosexuality is covered in the old testament. Then again, it says not to cut your hair in the old testament too. Many a christian will cite that those are the "old rules" and that when Jesus died on the cross, the "old rules went too." Really it seems like an excuse to keep the rules people want, like the ability to gay bash, compared to the invonvienient ones, like observing Passover.

Rather than the new testament being poorly written in greek almost all of it was written by highly educated people so one would expect that their Greek was excellent. Most of the New Testamont was written by Paul of Tarsus who was a highly educated pharisee before he recognised Jesus as the messiah. Large contributions were also made by Luke a doctor and while the contributions by Peter, John and others may not be as refined they could hardly be called poorly written.

One of the majors points of the new testament is not that what was a sin and was not a sin changed but rather because of Jesus's sacrifice we can be forgiven of our sins and through grace we escape all punishment.

Jesus and all the apostles taught that we should take this gift and share it with others with LOVE. Someone standing on a corner preaching with love that people are going to hell unless they change their ways is trying to help them much like anyone would saying don't drive over that bridge it has collapsed. The same action though if done with malice will land the preacher in fire and brimstone.

Any action that a Christian takes that is not done out of love is a SIN. Therefore "gay bashing" or even homosexual persecution of any type is a sin. What so called Christians who express hatred to homosexuals forget is that God loves each and every one of us and that all of us sin every single day. They also forget that that Jesus multiple times said that many people would stand before God on judgement day expecting to get into heaven and will be cast aside because they have been self righteous, judgmental and have failed to understand Gods inclusive promise to all humanity.

http://www.FishFarmers.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/fisharmers?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
http://hedgerowfarm.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/HedgerowFarmVictoria/

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 06:06 
Spam Assassin (Be afraid!)
Spam Assassin     (Be afraid!)

great discussion, but if you want to continue this, please start a new thread :)

................................................................. . Image

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 10:34 
A posting God
A posting God

Well stated Stuart. But, you know the old saying...If you want to start an argument, discuss religion or politics. God didn't create Adam and Steve, he created Adam and EVE. Man & woman. I still love my gay friends, but still don't believe it what's "right' or what God intended. Sorry Jamie- all done.

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 10:43 

+1 to both Stu and Jaymie. I had a feeling that we would get off topic once I posted that picture. The poorly written part comes from articles I have read from people that have translated the bible. A lot of grammatical errors were made apparently. Not supprising as the letter writers' first language was most likely Aramaic. Well educated people still make mistakes in their first language too. The point that I was making about Jesus was that he preached love, and that it is not our place to judge, but to love our neighbor.

Sorry Jaymie. I had to get that out.

My Patio System

My Indoor System

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 11:32 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Yes
I think the mods will need to pull this all into another thread, and that thread will get very angry and heated. So probably best not to give it it's own thread.

I just think the whole thing is what happened when kids go through their whole life believing santa is real, and they teach their kids that santa is real, and santa will punish you if you don't do what santa (what the parents want) wants. Then those kids teach their kids, and then way too many kids are taught this, and people who crave power pull it all into one book to keep more people under control...

Yeah, I'm not religious.

My Aquaponic Youtube Channel

The Black-Byron Ice Creamery Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Mar 15th, '15, 12:41 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back OT... :bootyshake:

Attachments:
baked kale chips.png
baked kale chips.png [ 83.02 KiB | Viewed 3867 times ]
84411729.jpg
84411729.jpg [ 55.64 KiB | Viewed 3867 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146  Next