All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jun 15th, '11, 02:46 

Are you human?: I am a meat popsicle
... like we need any more reasons, but this kinda stuff just makes my blood boil.

Quote:
Australia's first trial of genetically modified wheat and barley is under way near Narrabri, New South Wales in the south-eastern area of the country. The goal of the GM wheat is said to be more nutritious bread...

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032699_GM_wh ... z1PHGCu8Ej

My System Thread -
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10113

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jun 16th, '11, 10:50 
Legend Member
Legend Member

GMO wheat has already been "accidently" released into our food supply and it has never been released for human food consumption.
Look in the reference section titled "Genetically Altered Wheat Flagged -- Thailand Detects Shipment Not Cleared for Commercial Sales." Spokesman Review, October 14, 1999.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgenic_wheat

GMO's are a huge threat to us. More and more animal research is coming out that shows organ disease, especially of the kidneys and liver, both which detoxify our bodies, reproductive problems and even mutations in third gen offspring. Each report is shot down as being invalid. The latest info to come out is also alarming- the roundup spray may be causing side effects in the soil microflora by allowing a recently discovered new species of bacteria to grow in large numbers and it has been linked to GMO crop failure and reproductive problems in livestock.
http://econintersect.com/b2evolution/bl ... -dangerous

The biggest conspiracy idea though is this next one. It makes Nazi Germany look like genacide amateurs.

The president of Epicyte, Mitch Hein, pointing to his GMO corn plants, announced, “We have a hothouse filled with corn plants that make anti-sperm antibodies.”
Hein explained that they had taken antibodies from women with a rare condition known as immune infertility, isolated the genes that regulated the manufacture of those infertility antibodies, and, using genetic engineering techniques, had inserted the genes into ordinary corn seeds used to produce corn plants. In this manner, in reality they produced a concealed contraceptive embedded in corn meant for human consumption.

http://www.indyinasia.com/2011/05/gm-co ... opulation/
http://www.biotech-info.net/conception.html

PostPosted: Jun 16th, '11, 11:44 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
Damn that is annoying....

And they say:
Quote:
The CSIRO says it will follow the safety requirements of the license issued by the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator.

Obviously hasn't worked so well in the past so I don;t see how they can stop cross contamination now...

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 01:32 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Angie wrote:
GMO's are a huge threat to us. More and more animal research is coming out that shows organ disease, especially of the kidneys and liver, both which detoxify our bodies, reproductive problems and even mutations in third gen offspring. Each report is shot down as being invalid.

I forgot to add that one of these reports being shot down as being invalid is also a deliberate manipulation to undermine any opposition, even in the science community.
Please read the excerpts below. For the full story read the link. Also watch the documentary, "The World According to Monsanto". The documentary was especially disturbing as it shows the monstrous mutations that are occuring when GMO corn is crossing with native corn growing in Mexico.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-worl ... -monsanto/

Excerpt from, "The Fake Pursuaders"
"On the day the paper was published, messages started to appear on a biotechnology listserve used by more than 3000 scientists called AgBioWorld. The first came from a correspondent named "Mary Murphy." Chapela is on the board of directors of the Pesticide Action Network, and therefore, she claimed, "not exactly what you'd call an unbiased writer." Her posting was followed by a message from an "Andura Smetacek" claiming, falsely, that Chapela's paper had not been peer-reviewed, that he was "first and foremost an activist" and that the research had been published in collusion with environmentalists. The next day, another email from "Smetacek" asked the list, "how much money does Chapela take in speaking fees, travel reimbursements and other donations... for his help in misleading fear-based marketing campaigns?"

The messages from Murphy and Smetacek stimulated hundreds of others, some of which repeated or embellished the accusations they had made. Senior biotechnologists called for Chapela to be sacked from Berkeley. AgBioWorld launched a petition pointing to the paper's "fundamental flaws."

The campaign against the researchers was extraordinarily successful and the paper was retracted; but who precisely started it? Who are "Mary Murphy" and "Andura Smetacek"?

Mary Murphy" from the same hotmail address to another server two years ago contains the identification bw6.bivwood.com. Bivwood.com is the property of Bivings Woodell, which is part of the Bivings Group.

The electoral rolls, telephone directories and credit card records in both London and the entire United States reveal no "Andura Smetacek." Her name appears only on AgBioWorld and a few other listservers, on which she has posted scores of messages falsely accusing groups such as Greenpeace of terrorism. My letters to her have elicited no response. But a clue to her possible identity is suggested by her constant promotion of "the Center For Food and Agricultural Research." The center appears not to exist, except as a website, which repeatedly accuses greens of plotting violence. Cffar.org is registered to someone called Manuel Theodorov. Manuel Theodorov is the "director of associations" at Bivings Woodell.
http://www.1215.org/lawnotes/work-in-pr ... uaders.htm

From the Bivings website-
The Bivings Group provides clients with effective, efficient and high-value Internet communications platforms.
With deep experience in all aspects of Internet communications, we bring the right message to the right audience. From the simple to the complex - from public-facing websites to new media communications platforms and extranets - The Bivings Group uses the power of Internet technology to help clients achieve their strategic goals.
http://www.bivings.com/what-we-do

As a side note, Monsanto is no longer publicly listed as a client on their website client list. If scientists make a public outcry to have a research paper retracted due to fake information and damaging inuendos, which were deliberately implanted to cause deception and question validity, how will we ever get GMO's out of our food supply?

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 06:00 

Are you human?: I am a meat popsicle
I too have heard/read about the contraceptive GMO corn... makes it pretty clear what they are shooting for here. Unfortunately even if we only consume crops that we grow ourselves we are still susceptible to cross contamination via pollination. It is also unfortunate that most people will never realize that this is being done to them until it's too late... too busy watching "Idol" and lapping up the spoon fed lies provided by the "media".

<steps off soapbox, crawls under bed>

Sted

My System Thread -
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10113

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 16:35 
Heard a report on the ABC rural program this arvo... that says a Purdue University study has found links to INCREASED disease incidents in GM crops, particularly those sprayed with roundup... DECREASED yields....

INCREASED placental abortion rates in livestock... and 100% FATALITIES of chicken embryos... within 24-48 hours....

Of course Monsanto has cast doubts on the research... :roll:

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 16:52 
A posting God
A posting God

earthbound wrote:
Damn that is annoying....

And they say:
Quote:
The CSIRO says it will follow the safety requirements of the license issued by the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator.

Obviously hasn't worked so well in the past so I don;t see how they can stop cross contamination now...

CSIRO was bought and paid for when I worked there. :(

http://www.backyardfarming.com.au/phpbbb/

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 17:44 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: hmm, fishy question
Hey....the poms thought it was a great idea to release rabbits, foxes, starling etc, and we cant pass the good ol' cane toad, thats a "good idea" trophy winner.
So, if all these GE foods dont turn out to be a good idea, we can just eliminate them...right??
Just like we tried to eliminate toads and rabbits. :naughty: :upset:

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 18:03 
A posting God
A posting God

I hear that round-up in the food chain is giving the cane toads a hard time. Wonder what its doing to the rest of us. :think:

http://www.backyardfarming.com.au/phpbbb/

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 18:21 

Are you human?: Daughters think not
Well if the toads all die out , I reckon we are in deep doodoo

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 18:27 

Are you human?: yes
Im sorry but im all for organic but I see no reason not to experiment with GM crops.

If there is a chance to create a better yielding crop in a more arid environment. think of all the people a successfully modified crop could help... it has endless possibilities.

i understand the problems associated with growing the crop in the open air and maybe the tests should be in an isolated greenhouse to prevent contamination. but they should be tested and improved,

i think that is truly the only way forward

thats just my opinion tho,

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 23:21 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Are you human?: Yep
in the good old days when we did it the old way, through selective breeding we gained something like a 2% yield increase, every 2 years or so (in wheat) from memory.

If that didnt happen, a loaf of bread would be around $7 a pop . Trying to improve the output is a good thing as long as you dont do anything too suddenly. Sudden changes can have disastrous results, because like cane toads, it can take years before any a natural control can adapt to the glut.

I see magpies eat millipedes now but not many, and how long did that take?

Just forget the GM crops and put more money into selective breeding.

If you want to feed the world, make seeds that make more seeds for next year. Not sterile hybrid ones that need more modification next year.

If we go down this track humans will be personally responsible for evolution in a hands on manner FOREVER.

The old methods improved yields, but left the option to stop doing anything (say in the event of a collapse of government, natural disaster, war, or whatever) and nature would just step up and take over. With GM stuff we are backing ourselves to NEVER EVER FAIL at maintaining the companies that make the seeds. We have to make sure this is, not just the right thing to do now, but that this is going to be the right thing FOREVER.

Forever is a really long time.

If we get it wrong it's game over.

Oh well.

My system

120 THINGS IN 20 YEARS - My blog about my learning adventure

My skills include being able to move slowly forward in time, and if I really concentrate, I can sometimes tell what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '11, 23:35 

Are you human?: yes
Selective breeding is essentially the same thing building on the same principles as those used in GM.

Humans have already been controlling evolution - every domestic animal would not be the way it is and most food crops would not the way they are...besides selective breeding is essentially controlling evolution because, e.g. watermelon would never have been seedless without human intervention.

We have been controlling evolution for thousands of years, what difference does it make if now we're using labs? Surely that's better - a more controlled environment with proper safeguards?

Further, the GM debate has been sensationalised by media and in Victoria is extremely heavily regulated as with other parts of Australia.

PostPosted: Jun 18th, '11, 00:20 
Samwise87 wrote:
Selective breeding is essentially the same thing building on the same principles as those used in GM.

Sorry... but that's just not true....

Selective breeding utilises existing genes and natural gene crossing (selectively) to improve a desired trait...

Genetically modified... is just that... a deliberate modification of the genome... not just a natural or even an induced mutation... but often/usually an insertion of of gene sequence.. from another gene group... or even species...

It's one thing to work with natural genetic enahncement... another completely to deliberately alter the gene sequence...

PostPosted: Jun 18th, '11, 00:25 
Here's a couple of links to the study I posted about...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-pathoge ... stock.html

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/2011/01/ ... al-health/