All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 7th, '07, 13:11 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

I thought I would add one more link of useful information as we are doing backyard aquaponics the knowhow of doing backyard tissue culture of plants should be useful too!

http://www.une.edu.au/agss/hort/horticu ... cience.php

Australia none the less give that bloke a hand :)

Advertisement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 7th, '07, 13:14 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Hey Slicer, how about contributing them to our library

Here

Fresh By Nature - Distributor of Aquaponic Systems and Products in NSW
http://www.freshbynature.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 7th, '07, 13:31 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

I forgot the library existed I will not derail the topic further :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 7th, '07, 20:07 
In need of a life
In need of a life

SlicerDicer wrote:
I forgot the library existed I will not derail the topic further :)

Is that even possible.... Nah, we like topic derailments, but only when people don't get hurt.

I think this thread as really become a positive and informative debate on GANRAD. I am glad the name calling is behind us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 13th, '07, 14:42 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
I've been asked by Wilson Lennard to post the following comments on his behalf as he is not a member of the forum.

Quote:
Wilson Lennard's association with GANRAD

I have recently read the posts with regard to GANRAD, an organisation founded in Queensland. I have seen posts saying things about me with regards to GANRAD and wish to clear things up for all you members who may be interested. There are several things:

Firstly, Murray is correct when he said I was a founding board member. This was when I was in discussions with the founding member of GANRAD in a commercial sense. I joined the board of GANRAD in "good faith" attached to the commercial business discussions I was having. For reasons outside of this forum, the commercial discussions disintegrated and I found myself a board member. I then managed to "extract" myself from GANRAD and my board membership. To my knowledge I am NOT a member of GANRAD in any sense, however, I do remember hearing that "Technically qualified people will be made free members of GANRAD". Maybe this is the situation, I am unsure, but I want it made clear that I do not wish to be a member and I DO NOT accept free membership, if that is what I have???

Secondly, I am unsure as to where Murray got the idea that I would be providing advice or anything else for GANRAD; I am NOT!! I have been informally asked to maybe answer technical questions, but since the break down of commercial discussions with the principals of GANRAD no further discussion with respect to GANRAD have occurred. So, at present, I want ALL to know that I have NO associations with GANRAD.

Thirdly, I will NOT be joining GANRAD in the future!

I am a professional scientist and have worked in many areas of aquatic ecology and aquatic biology; Aquaponics became my passion and I was fortunate enough to spend four years studying it and 2 years working professionally within the field. I am still trying to build a commercial aquaponics consulting business for people who want commercial scale aquaponics advice etc...However, I do NO advertising of this and only do it in a part time capacity. I am now working full time OUTSIDE of aquaponics in the aquaculture field again. I hope to one day be able to return to aquaponics and have been researching ways to try and get myself back into the industry. Because I am a professional scientist, I feel that is my ethical obligation to be a "neutral" voice in the field of aquaponics. With my ethical stand point being as it is, I find it impossible for me align myself with any association with respect to aquaponics, including any association with GANRAD. This is the reason why I have NOT joined any of the aquaponics forums as well. Whilst all that goes on in these forums interests me endlessly, as I say, I feel I am in a situation whereby my personal thoughts and feelings on the subject of aquaponics cannot be generally released as I need to be an "OBJECTIVE" voice in the field.

I have little to say with regards to GANRAD in either the positive or the negative. However, I want it to be made clear that I am NOT associated with GANRAD in ANY way. I am also hoping this will clear up any misunderstandings with respect to me and any association with GANRAD.

I wish ALL aquaponics people all the best with this fascinating subject and want everyone to know that it makes me proud that so many people now are interested in aquaponics in Australia and around the world. When I started 7 years ago, no one even new what aquaponics mean't!, so as I say, it is great to see so many now enjoying aquaponics and I hope things continue this way.

Wilson Lennard

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 13th, '07, 18:02 

Thanks for the clarification Wilson,
and remaining "objective"!
Cheers Joel for allowing the posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 13th, '07, 18:47 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Thanks big Willy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 13th, '07, 20:41 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Its a shame you can't be a more active 'OBJECTIVE' voice in the field. I understand your standpoint though. We could use a few true 'experts' on here sometimes... mainly to settle the arguments....

PostPosted: Nov 11th, '11, 23:18 

Are you human?: I'm a pleasure droid
I wanted to bump this thread briefly for those BYAP forum members who might wonder why the new AP Association gives some of us a bad taste in our mouths. Some folks (not on here) might tell you it's due to some kind of personal grudge or sour grapes or something. My memory of the period described at the beginning of this thread is that a couple BYAP members went off and tried to start commercial enterprises, and their own ban-happy forums (no problem) then unilaterally tried to form a "global" aquaponics association without any transparency and without any of the membership of this fine forum, which is the best in the world IMHO. It's as simple as that. The new AP Association basically was formed in like ways but with more commercial interests as founders. It's a win all around! That was sarcastic. My own opinion FWIW which might not be much because I'm just a lowly backyard and basement hobbyist and don't have grand commercial aspirations is that the AP Association is just GANRAD 2.0. This means its purposes are mainly for the enrichment of the founders through marketing and leveraged networking. Just thought I'd bump this thread for those who might be curious about this topic to see how the first iteration of this idea turned many of us off. Thanks!

Plant and fish pictures are money

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7