All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jul 25th, '10, 17:47 

The next ANGFA (Australia New Guinea Fish Association) Qld meeting is Friday August 13 at 8:00 pm at 178 Alexandra Rd, Clayfield.

The talks will be from:
- Glynn Aland who is talking about the Chinchilla area of the Upper Murray Darling;
- Joel Huey who will speak about catfish; and (time permitting)
- Leo O'Reilly will give a species talk on desert gobies.

The shop will be open and the auction will run after the talks for the bargain hunters.

Membership has been dropped to $20 this year so it's a great opportunity to join up.

Members are also invited to participate in field trips. The next one is on Sunday 22 August in the Gold Coast hinterland.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jul 25th, '10, 21:36 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

I'm not sure that using this forum, or others, to merely promote ANGFA.. is totally appropriate Peter....

Some would call it spamming... 8 posts, and all relate to promotion of the above organisation...

Are you, or any of your members actually interested in Aquaponics?

Fresh By Nature - Distributor of Aquaponic Systems and Products in NSW
http://www.freshbynature.com.au

PostPosted: Jul 26th, '10, 17:18 

I personally breed ornamental fish and plants but have picked up a lot of ideas from this forum, all be it on a very small, low budget scale. I don't know if others on this forum are ANGFA members but I do know of ANGFA members who are interested in Aquaponics.

ANGFA Qld is a completely non-profit, non-aligned organisation run wholly by volunteers aiming to provide an opportunity for those with an interest in conservation and sustainable use of our freshwaters and their inhabitants to get together and hopefully find ways to be a positive presence in the community (more here).

I've been posting announcements here because I thought there might be some Backyard Aquaponics members who share a similar interest in Australian Native fish. I'm really sorry if my posting here has offended you RupertofOZ, it certainly was not my intent. If my posts are considered to be spam I'd appreciate it if one of the mods or admins could let me know and remove them and I'll make sure I don't waste their time or mine again.

Thanks, Peter.

PostPosted: Jul 26th, '10, 21:06 

Blog: View Blog (1)
Are you human?: Not in the morning !
I don't think there's any offense to Rupe or anyone else Peter, just that it's nice to have some background and perspective on someone who's recommending something to other members, non-profit or otherwise.

Native fish is something the majority of us have some interest in, to differeing degrees.

Personally, I am very interested, however, being in WA makes it a bit of a moot point, unfortunately :evil:

My System: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5264
My Website: http://www.chillies-down-under.com
My Blog: http://www.seaweedguy.com

PostPosted: Jul 27th, '10, 00:42 

Sorry Peter...

Your first post was "on behalf of Peter Ford (Vice President of ANGFA Qld)"... advertising some IBC's...

Subsequent posts referenced... "QFAS is the Qld federation of aquarium societies".... and advertised an auction... directed towards interest "in ornamentals"...

Followed by "ANGFA Qld June Meeting and Field Day".... and speakers from the "aquaria industry"...

And the most recent post advertising this months meeting...

The only mention of "aquaponics" was a question regarding "Is anyone setting up an aquaponics display!"...

To which you responded... no....

It seemed that your posts were merely using the forum as a billboard...

I welcome both yourself, and any other members of your society that wish to find out more about aquaponics... just as I'm sure your members would welcome anyone from here that might have an interest in ornamental fish... and aquaria..

P.S... I did note mention of "freshwater fish"... in a previous posts, and "catfish" in this thread...

Just wasn't sure there was any connection to "aquaponics" as such...

Fresh By Nature - Distributor of Aquaponic Systems and Products in NSW
http://www.freshbynature.com.au

PostPosted: Jul 27th, '10, 17:15 
Spam Assassin (Be afraid!)
Spam Assassin     (Be afraid!)

Peter, thanks for letting us know about the ANGFA meeting. I know I have used their website a heap of times for fish id :)

................................................................. . Image