All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '13, 10:19 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
I've mentioned them before and I'm mentioning them again, because the lengths they (and/or their affiliate sales people) go to, to sell their extremely crappy e-product is quite ridiculous.

It's nothing but an exercise in dodgy online marketing. Apart from the fact that they LIE in almost every website that sells the product by stating that John Fay (the supposed author of the ebook) is a "certified organic farmer and aquaponics expert". John Fay doesn't exist, there has never been such a person, it was a pen name. And the person who physically wrote the ebook certainly never had any organic qualifications or certifications. Lies, Lies, Lies...

But we already know this because I've mentioned this before on the "dodgy website " thread, plus I also had a post about it on our website that upset them and led to legal threats. So why am I bringing it all up again?

Because they just keep getting sleazier.. Affiliate marketers check the most commonly googled phrases and copy them and use them wherever possible. Simple example, they have hammered the use of "Backyard Aquaponics", we must have done some good branding.. :) So now the next level these parasites reach is to actually use other peoples names to try and cash in and make sales...

http://www.aquaponicsfaqDOTnet/faye-arcaro-aquaponics/

Yeah right "faye-arcaro-aquaponics"? No, just another aquaponics 4 you seller.. Sleazy, sleazy assholes. :upset:

I'd recommend not going to the link because you will end up with lots of pop-ups saying "are you sure you want to leave the site", "we have a one time only offer", etc...

Profile Personal album  
    Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '13, 10:26 

Do you want me to mobilise our legal team again Joel? There are a few unscrupulous types around that need to be taught a lesson.

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '13, 10:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thought that might get your attention.... :)

Don't think it will do much good Faye, they will just pack up the site and make another one..

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Jan 24th, '13, 10:45 

Just did a.bit of a search and found a whole lot more stuff. Reception is not good here unfortunately, might have to have another look later when Im in a more appropriate location.

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '13, 12:29 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES
should make this a sticky thread

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '13, 15:00 
Yep... they must be about the biggest scum sucking low life parasites around....

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '13, 17:53 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: yes
earthbound wrote:
Thought that might get your attention.... :)

Don't think it will do much good Faye, they will just pack up the site and make another one..

But while they are packing up and moving they aren't conning people AND they lose links that people might have saved...

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '13, 01:36 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: Only after a coffee
Wow.

What a load of crap they are peddling.
It reads like a late night infomercial.
You know when you try to navigate away from a site and it hammers you with pop ups like that its a fraud.
Trouble is not everyone will see through the BS and some will get duped out of there money and be totally disheartened with AP.
Very sad that this is how some people chose to make a living. By praying on the uninformed and vulnerable people out there.
Shame shame shame

Karl.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

viewtopic.php?t=12309

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '13, 10:41 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Journeyman wrote:
But while they are packing up and moving they aren't conning people AND they lose links that people might have saved...

Naaa... They move too quickly and there are dozens of sites selling the crappy things. to give you an idea check the actual domain of that guy.

http://www.aquaponicsfaqDOTnet

It's a bulk standard install of WP without any changes, just add the one page which is the standard page provided to all the affiliate marketers with the e-book... Register domain, install WP, copy and paste one page, all up it would probably take an hour to set up..

It's marketing that aims at just a quick sale on the spot, no one will save links to them or go back there for info generally because there isn't really any info..

Just yesterday someone wrote to me asking if "backyard liberty" website was ours..

It's a voiced over slide show with a deep menacing voice using real scare tactics to sell an aquaponics ebook.

Quote:
In a Crisis, This Item Soars
500% in Value... And Can Be More
Important Than Gold And Silver!

Dear patriot,

Forget gold and silver.

In the coming crisis, they're going to be worth nothing... compared to this item.

It's something you can use to make powerful allies.

You can exchange it for just about anything you need - from fuel to antibiotics.

And it's probably the single most important factor in keeping your family alive.

That item is food.

When your neighbours are forced to beg, borrow or steal... having enough food can mean the difference between desperation and total peace of mind.

It's the only "real" currency that can buy your survival - in a world where iPhones and big screen TVs suddenly mean nothing.

So pay close attention to this urgent video. It's something more important than any phone call, tweet or Facebook message. And for reasons that you'll soon understand... it's not going to stay up for long.

Hi, my name is Alec Deacon, and in this urgent video I'm going to expose how a devastating "once in 60 years" event... along with banks and our government... are setting the stage for a social and economic "time bomb" that will detonate right in the middle of the US...

He goes on... ANd on..... And on......

Quote:
Because my latest research uncovered four impending events that will bring down the US economy and its people.

Not 5 or 10 years from now, like everyone thought.

But in the next 16 months or less.

It's because of four separate events that are coming our way. They are

"The Four Horsemen of the Coming Food Apocalypse".

Of course if you buy his ebook you can have free food forever, enough to live on and trade with others, in a system that only costs $250...

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Jan 25th, '13, 11:58 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

earthbound wrote:
Of course if you buy his ebook you can have free food forever, enough to live on and trade with others, in a system that only costs $250...

The book is eNutritious? :lol:

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '13, 12:21 

Wow I didnt realise they were that bad. Thats crazy talk!

~Backyard farming~

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '13, 20:20 

Charlie wrote:
Wow I didnt realise they were that bad. Thats crazy talk!

They have just hit the UK with vengeance.. Hijacking threads of leading figures of AP in the UK. If you 'Google' for 'AQUACULTURE AQUAPONICS UK' a whole load of new websites have popped up all referencing the 'likes of' CHARLIE PRICE, APUK, AQUAPONICWORLD, WELSH DRAGON, AQUAVISION but all leading to websites selling their DVD that will save your life for a few bucks.
Its not just one website, but several all selling the same thing. There have, however, other websites which either link you to 'AP4U' or 'buildyourownaquaponics'. Its become a web based merry-go-round, all giving you little 'VIP' pop-up messages. I wouldn't be surprised if they upload a bit of scamware with their pop-up boxes. Can anyone check this out ?
They also go under the names of....
homemadeaquaponics
aquaponicfarm
aquaponicbooks.info
aquaponicplans
probably more but I'd had enough!

The most concerning issue is that they have also been targeting established Gardening, Permaculture, and growers magazine websites giving a very respectable description of AP and its benefits, then linking you to AP4U websites.

Hijacking established links by copy and pasting is one thing, but tailored articles for magazines means that there is considerable effort on their part to make money, and as much as they can, however they can.

Ther concern here is that AP is in its infancy herein the UK. Lots of dissapointed people who have spent money on AP4U will not be a beneficial to it becoming established.

AP4U seems to be a profficient operation intent on reaping their riches through misinformation. I expect they are reading this now
This not only affects AP here in the UK but whereever they target, which seems to be globally. :upset:
I know we're not suposed to be slanderous on here, but CRICKEY !
There's a chance here that these guys could singlehandedly damage the shape of AP globally if they carry on the way they are.
Thoughts, Actions please.
:angry4:

PostPosted: Jan 27th, '13, 12:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Everywhere you read about them on any other forums or facebook etc, make your feelings known tell people, it's the only way to counter them..

Haveing a look around just then I found a site http://www.backyardaquaponics.info what a joke, nothing to even do with aquaponics, they sell cheap chinese rubbish, bird feeders and wind chimes and such like. Just trying to cash in on aquaponics popularity and our Backyardaquaponics branding.. :dontknow:

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Jan 27th, '13, 12:37 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES

My chooks

PostPosted: Jan 27th, '13, 13:18 

Are you human?: Daughters think not
Total lowlifes for sure.