All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 10:53 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Are you human?: yes
On the whole steel thing....

I've been told and have told many people that steel weakens as it gets warmer and has stuff all strength when its hot.

This graph seems to suggest that they actually get a lot stronger first and then don't get weaker until you get over ~370c.

I guess that would be pretty easy to do if diesel burns at 600c.

Ok less worried that I've led people astray.

Attachments:
temperature-strength-metals.png
temperature-strength-metals.png [ 13.2 KiB | Viewed 1985 times ]

http://www.FishFarmers.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/fisharmers?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
http://hedgerowfarm.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/HedgerowFarmVictoria/
    Advertisement

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 11:42 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Sock disappearance in a washing machine will soon be regarded as the worlds 8th "wonder what happened to that" wonder of the world..
I have even put odd socks into the machine trying to fool it, but it leaves them alone so it seems to have an intelligence or some form. I was also thinking of putting my Go-pro in during a cycle to see if I could capture any footage of socks dissolving or a hand coming up from the bottom taking it.... I'm beginning to believe that sock makers have shares in washing machine manufacturing and i'll bet that washing machine repair men are never short of socks.

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 13:51 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Yes
mudeye wrote:
Sock disappearance in a washing machine will soon be regarded as the worlds 8th "wonder what happened to that" wonder of the world..
I have even put odd socks into the machine trying to fool it, but it leaves them alone so it seems to have an intelligence or some form. I was also thinking of putting my Go-pro in during a cycle to see if I could capture any footage of socks dissolving or a hand coming up from the bottom taking it.... I'm beginning to believe that sock makers have shares in washing machine manufacturing and i'll bet that washing machine repair men are never short of socks.

I have the answer to this problem.

Only buy one type of socks. Then if they go missing, you can match two odd socks with each other. Confuses the sock deamons.

My Aquaponic Youtube Channel

The Black-Byron Ice Creamery Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 15:02 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: Most of the time
Hmmm, I really shouldn't, but it irresistibly to chime in...

9/11 I woke up at my folks place to see the twin towers go down and the reporters and authorities at a complete loss as to why they fell so dramatically. I went straight to the spare room and took 5 minutes to rummage through the back issues of Readers Digests to find a 1980s article on the risk of collapse of steel framed skyscrapers when fire weakening the structure and the weight of the floors above causing it to pancake vertically. It was about a fire on ~15th floor in a west coast apartment block, and the firefighters were worried about if it spread to more than 3 floors it would cause the building to collapse with them in it. Luckily they got the fire under control in time.

Sadly for the NY emergency workers, no one read or remembered the RD article, or were aware of the risks, and so set up their base in the towers. I was stunned at how long it took the authorities to figure.out what happened afterwards. But I bet the purps knew and planned it that way.

Here's the kicker, the article said it is the Mafia's fault because of their stranglehold on the concrete industry in the US, a lot of towers in the 60s & 70s were built with steel.

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 15:14 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: Most of the time
It is a little known factoid that the rings of Uranus and Saturn are made up of odd sox, biro caps, AAA batteries, SD cards and USB sticks, and 13mm (1/2") spanners and sockets. While the transport mechanism is yet to be determined, it seems to occur in dark confined spaces such as washing machines, dryers, drawers and tool boxes.

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 15:30 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Joc.... well done move to the top of class.

all this bull shoit if someone can proof without a doubt one of the above supposed theiries then also proof that Abbot and Shorten are a wierd dream we are all having I'll believe you.

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 19:21 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

I'm surprised no-one has suggested "AGENDA 21" ..
but then again, its not quite a conspirosy, its more of a slow rolling agenda.

PostPosted: Jul 18th, '15, 23:32 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Not before 8am
Colum Black-Byron wrote:
And 9/11. How on earth the world trade center 7 building came down is beyond me. There was a fire, but they weren't hot enough to take out the metal beams, and it all came down like a controlled demolition. No parts of it falling off, the entire building dropped into a neat pile. Just like the other two buildings.
joc wrote:
9/11 I woke up at my folks place to see the twin towers go down and the reporters and authorities at a complete loss as to why they fell so dramatically. I went straight to the spare room and took 5 minutes to rummage through the back issues of Readers Digests to find a 1980s article on the risk of collapse of steel framed skyscrapers when fire weakening the structure and the weight of the floors above causing it to pancake vertically.

Here's the kicker, the article said it is the Mafia's fault because of their stranglehold on the concrete industry in the US, a lot of towers in the 60s & 70s were built with steel.

There was a very good doco put out 2 or 3 years ago where every single 911 conspiracy theory was put to bed with facts, science and engineering. It was on mainstream telly, can't remember which channel.

When the twin towers were planned there was to be very little concrete used in their construction, basically just in the footings. The Mafia controlled all the unions as well as owning the major concrete companies in NY. They informed the designers that unless there was substantially more concrete used in the design the unions would stop the job from ever going ahead. The design was changed, the size and amount of steel used in the superstructure was reduced dramatically and then every vertical beam was encased in concrete to provide the strength required... and keep the Mob happy.

When the planes flew into the building the thousands of litres of burning jet fuel caused the concrete to explode off the beams after a period of time, exposing the substantially insufficient vertical steel beams to the heat, they buckled and gave way, one floor dropped onto the one below, the weight of which set off a chain reaction.

PostPosted: Jul 19th, '15, 08:13 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: maybe
^ Exactly, simple.

PostPosted: Jul 19th, '15, 08:37 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Lol, and this thread has reminded me quite quickly why I dislike conspiracy theories. They make my brain hurt and angry up my blood. :laughing3:

PostPosted: Jul 19th, '15, 16:35 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Yes
Actually, that's the first explanation I like.

My Aquaponic Youtube Channel

The Black-Byron Ice Creamery Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Jul 20th, '15, 18:13 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

tis is the Real Thing...wanna kill Aquaponians

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2014/04/1 ... n-instead/

PostPosted: Jul 20th, '15, 19:26 
A posting God
A posting God

The Omega part is true, from what I've researched. The hormone part is also true, on 99.9% of all farm raised. The reason is simply to make all the fish male, and is done during the first few weeks as a fry. Not sure how much testosterone would remain in the fish after 9-12 months, but that is the standard in the US.