All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Aug 4th, '18, 11:07 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: Sometimes
The early days there wasn't a lot of good graphics around, but last 10 years or so there have been some great graphics and clipart collections available, I've been collecting it for over 20 years and paid big money for some collections.

I like to alter the original artwork and make a one off and that's where the problems start, and CorelDraw is the culprit, their conversion to EPS has bugs. It's only the detailed and complex graphics it happens, anything simple is OK.

I always come back from the plumbing supply shop without the PVC cement, or I think I have some at home, then find it's out of date and gone off.

Best of luck with that RFF, it should be OK.

My Fish:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiiZv ... iWEVFANEVQ

Advertisement

PostPosted: Aug 17th, '18, 18:13 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

I get wet nearly every time I feed the fish and don't get a real good look at them because I'm ducking the splashes, so I decided to mount the camera, throw in a bit feed and stand back.

They certainly flick a bit of water about and there's not too many days I don't get wet when I'm feeding them.

My Fish:

PostPosted: Sep 2nd, '18, 05:02 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Here's an update from down in the fish tank.

I've had to back their feed off because of the cold weather crashing the bio-filter. :upset:

My Fish:

PostPosted: Sep 5th, '18, 00:22 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
How cold has it been?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

:?

PostPosted: Sep 5th, '18, 13:31 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Boss, it has warmed up bit this week, it has been down below zero overnight on the odd night or two in the past 2 weeks, but it's mainly been around 2C & 3C.

The temperatures below are from the past few weeks.

High & Low Weather Summary for the Past Weeks
Temperature Humidity Pressure
High 18 °C (4 Sep, 1:30 pm) 100% (26 Aug, 1:00 am) 1030 mbar (26 Aug, 1:00 am)
Low -2 °C (29 Aug, 4:00 am) 26% (30 Aug, 8:00 pm) 997 mbar (31 Aug, 11:30 am)
Average 9 °C 70% 1019 mbar
* Reported 21 Aug 1:00 pm — 5 Sep 1:30 pm, Melbourne. Weather by CustomWeather, © 2018

Attachments:
weather (Small).jpg
weather (Small).jpg [ 58.92 KiB | Viewed 364 times ]

My Fish:
PostPosted: Sep 14th, '18, 14:11 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Now it's getting very dry up north all the cockatoos fly down into the Golf Course opposite to feed, I heard a flock of about 30-40 fly over the house squawking with these last few dropping off to check out my grow beds.

They know there's plenty of feed in the grow beds now so they'll be back, they can't get anything because of the bird netting but they still hang around.

They'd chew through the bird netting if they got the chance :upset:

Attachments:
Cockatoos 001 (Small).jpeg
Cockatoos 001 (Small).jpeg [ 91.77 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]
Cockatoos 002 (Small).jpeg
Cockatoos 002 (Small).jpeg [ 91.19 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]

My Fish:
PostPosted: Sep 17th, '18, 10:05 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you human?: YES
hmm, that'd piss me right off, they can be very destructive that's for sure. I've seen the damage they do to pine trees/cones at the local golf course.

Its funny what you end up worrying about pest wise. Last season I had all my trees netted as what I thought were parakeets demolished the apricots over the back neighbors. I found out after getting my young nectarine tree cleaned out overnight and peaches over the next few weeks that it wasn't birds but rats! The bastards were coming from neighboring property and chewed through netting at the base of the trees to get to the fruit. I had 3 traps out and avoid poisons as we have a dog and free range chooks & don't want the risk of accidental poisonings from bait or dying rodents. Out of the whole season we managed to get maybe 1 1/2doz peaches. They were even gnawing out the centres of beetroots! We trapped probably about 6 rats over a few weeks. Hopefully with the house that I suspect they were coming from demolished and cleaned up we won't have any further issues, but I'll be leaving the traps set as a precaution!

PostPosted: Sep 17th, '18, 18:32 
A posting God
A posting God

It sounds like there are a few downsides to living in a tropical paradise. We've seen a surge in ticks up here in the mountains with this abundant rainfall. At least the Cocketoos aren't as creepy as rats, yeah that's probably not much consolation is it? Are Cockatoos native to Australia? Oh damn, I went and looked them up.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulphur-crested_cockatooIntelligent, hungry, loud and live to be 20 to 30 years old, bummer. Okay, between the damn snakes and the smartass birds I've decided not to move to Australia, lol! Now I don't even want to hear about the Roos.
I like the little added tidbit in this Wiki article: a person keeping guard for sudden police raids on illegal gambling gatherings is referred to as a cockatoo or cocky for short. See; humans are adaptable.
We may just survive the Cockapocalypse!

PostPosted: Sep 17th, '18, 21:09 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: Occasionally
"We may just survive the Cockapocalypse!"
I like that one Boss, chuckle chuckle.
And all the other xyzapocalypses that come at us.
Graf, the rats sound bad and good riddance to where they are coming from. It's the fruit bats and the ringtail possums that wreak havoc here. I ended up getting rid of my plum and pear trees because the bats would clean them out in one night and then crap over everything with a nice purple dye. The possums have not only eaten the skins off my lemons but completely stripped all of the bark from my avocado tree. And don't get me started on the blasted corellas.
Hey Boss, if you get time, check up some you tube vids on Keas in New Zealand. They make our cockatoos seem quite meek in comparison LOL.

PostPosted: Sep 17th, '18, 22:06 
A posting God
A posting God

Nhibbo wrote:
"We may just survive the Cockapocalypse!"
I like that one Boss, chuckle chuckle.
And all the other xyzapocalypses that come at us.
Graf, the rats sound bad and good riddance to where they are coming from. It's the fruit bats and the ringtail possums that wreak havoc here. I ended up getting rid of my plum and pear trees because the bats would clean them out in one night and then crap over everything with a nice purple dye. The possums have not only eaten the skins off my lemons but completely stripped all of the bark from my avocado tree. And don't get me started on the blasted corellas.
Hey Boss, if you get time, check up some you tube vids on Keas in New Zealand. They make our cockatoos seem quite meek in comparison LOL.

I've seen a documentary about Keas, wow yes, talk about an intelligent bird. I believe that documentary was comparing birds puzzle solving capabilities and they were ranking as some of the best with several levels of cumulative tests being solved for a scrap of food. I know a lot of humans that couldn't get past the "find a tool that'll work," phase of those tests, lol!

PostPosted: Sep 18th, '18, 06:52 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

boss wrote:
a person keeping guard for sudden police raids on illegal gambling gatherings is referred to as a cockatoo or cocky for short. See; humans are adaptable.

Yeah Boss Cockatoos are where the term comes from, one stays as a lookout while the others feed, and it squawks a warning when anybody or anything approaches and they all fly off.

This guy is a very smart bird :headbang:

My Fish:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21