All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169
PostPosted: Jun 15th, '18, 07:21 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: Sometimes
Looks like the dog has approved the backfill. :thumbright:

My Fish:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiiZv ... iWEVFANEVQ

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '18, 20:43 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
Good Morning!
We got a sprinkle of rain yesterday. I got busy again yesterday and I'm pretty sore today.
One more small trailer load of topsoil on the excavation site. Other than the pre-dawn lack of light in these photos, that's looking pretty darn good if I don't say so myself.
Attachment:
Backfill-nearly-finished-really-fun-yet-exhausting-work.jpg
Backfill-nearly-finished-really-fun-yet-exhausting-work.jpg [ 86.71 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

A little bit of rain makes the soil look so much better.
Attachment:
Clamatis-Delphiniums-also-doing-well-6-17-18.jpg
Clamatis-Delphiniums-also-doing-well-6-17-18.jpg [ 134.33 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

Gardens are sucking up well water, everywhere else is dry dry.
Attachment:
Tested-cone-bottom-Radial-flow-filter-6-17-18-sorta-kinda-worked.jpg
Tested-cone-bottom-Radial-flow-filter-6-17-18-sorta-kinda-worked.jpg [ 114.22 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

The most exciting news from yesterday is I setup the cone-bottom radial flow filter and got water from the bottom of the pond all the way up into the filter, albeit slowly.
Attachment:
Tested-cone-bottom-Radial-flow-filter-6-17-18.jpg
Tested-cone-bottom-Radial-flow-filter-6-17-18.jpg [ 55.5 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

I finally drilled a hole in the wall inserting one side of the dual drain which will go to a worm bin, the other will go to a future mineralization tank.
While gluing the pieces together for the drains from the filter together I thought it might work to use flexible tubing from the SLO to go around the DWC to the RFF. That turned out to be a cool idea as it meant I could move the SLO around and even use the air-lift-pump as a vacuum. Also it enabled me to test the most efficient position for getting the air-lift pump to raise the water up the meter above the water in the pond.
Attachment:
Had-a-brain-fart-made-the-SLO-mobile-for-vacuuming-6-17-18.jpg
Had-a-brain-fart-made-the-SLO-mobile-for-vacuuming-6-17-18.jpg [ 90.18 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

One issue was that I had to hold the SLO so it didn't raise up with all that air in the tube, so I couldn't fine tune the air flow. An extra set of hands maybe would have helped, but really what I need to do according to my buddy Weldon is install a regulator to control pressure and a needle valve to control flow of air into the air-lift-pump. The next part of this test will be to build some kind of bracket to hold the SLO in place, enabling me to further work on the fine tuning.
Attachment:
SLO-mobile-for-vacuuming-Now-I-need-to-dream-up-a-bracket-for-stationary-mount-6-17-18.jpg
SLO-mobile-for-vacuuming-Now-I-need-to-dream-up-a-bracket-for-stationary-mount-6-17-18.jpg [ 136.31 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

Very cool idea, but it made it difficult to adjust the air-flow through the air-lift-pump. At times I was holding the SLO with my right hand while reaching around the side of the fish tank to reach the air valve in that big arms look Jesus had in that painting Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper.
That's me for certain :laughing3:

:?

PostPosted: Jun 17th, '18, 21:42 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES
In my messing around a few times, got more output using a diffused air source than just straight injection.

Do you have anything at the end of the airline?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169