All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mar 13th, '18, 11:22 

Are you human?: yes
Well the weather became a little colder then I wanted to deal with :D and the lack of light at the end of the day killed most ambition to work in the greenhouse. I at least kept busy with finishing up my degree and worked on the buildings electronic controller. And found that the small unit I was trying to use was not up to the task so I had to upgrade.

In the last week the weather finally raised above frozen so I jumped back to the greenhouse. I finished the beds and am ready to install the liners :) Each side has a bed with a sump at the end. The plumbing will attach the two sumps so that they drain together and will have enough water volume to fill the beds. The plan is to pump the water using an inline pump that will sit at the middle between the two tanks and pump up into the fish tank. Then there will be overflow channels at the top 3 inches of the tank on each side that will drain directly into the beds. Covered Rain gutters should work nicely and give room for placing filtration.

Now working to beat the spring.

Attachment:
Progress.jpg
Progress.jpg [ 199.02 KiB | Viewed 608 times ]

Advertisement

PostPosted: Apr 5th, '18, 07:57 

More Progress. I took this picture 3 days ago. Since I have finished the piping between the beds, and put on the re-enforcement on the front of what will be the tank. Should have time this evening to get the rest of that in place. And tomorrow I will get the last of the piping needed to couple the pump to the sumps. Then Friday I will do the overflow tray between the tank and the beds. As long as that goes well then this weekend I can fill up the tank and sump. I intend to use a large water change from my 75 gallon in the house for kick starting the cycling. Then I can go put in my permit request for transporting live fish and see what the wait time is for the biologist to come out.

AT THE FINISH LINE!!!

Attachment:
File comment: Progress
20180401_115419.jpg
20180401_115419.jpg [ 226.88 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]

PostPosted: Jun 15th, '18, 03:10 

After two months of filling...leaking..draining...sealing...and repeating this process about 5 times I'm up and running. The local place to get trout at, only had 8+ inch fish and I was reading that the smaller the fish the easier it is for the fish to adjust. And I took into consideration that this is a brand new system. So I will be waiting for the fall when they have fingerlings again. For now I have 5 4" long Koi feeding my system. I tossed a bunch of seeds in rows on Sunday and started seeing sprouts shooting up today. Getting excited!

PostPosted: Jun 15th, '18, 04:13 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
This is amazing progress. Beautifully done. I'm curious what the ceiling is made from. Bummer about the fish being too big, that must have been a difficult decision. Were you temped to add a few of the big boys? Outstanding job of hiding plumbing too.

:?

PostPosted: Jun 15th, '18, 18:13 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: YES
this looks fantastic! I love the greenhouse... making me want to expand mine... a bit afraid to with how expensive it was to build to begin with but this looks great so making me think I should expand it even if I just cover it with plastic for the time being =) the fish tanks make me jealous!