All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186
PostPosted: Apr 12th, '21, 22:51 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: usually
Good morning Brian. It is really good to see you back here! I'm glad your health and AP system are well. It sounds like we have similar views, though I will try to keep my politics off here. Let me just say that news today is about emotion and sensationalism, and facts, scientific data and credibility no longer seem important.

9 kW Solar Electric 2011 - Upgraded to 12 kW 2019

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Apr 22nd, '21, 08:17 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
Thanks David,
Yes politics is awful, I wish it were better. I've got my wife Nell helping me with planting and plant needs research this year. That is fantastic. Gardening and aquaponics is so much easier and fun with her help.

Hard Specs: 2600 gallon Masonry fish pond. Everything else in flux.
My life's Oxymoron: Retired workaholic :headbang: :support: :notworthy: :shifty:

PostPosted: Jul 28th, '21, 18:18 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: Occasionally
Welcome back Boss. I was more than a little concerned and haven't visited BYAP myself for over 6 months. Good to see that all is going well with you guys and especially with your projects. Inspirational. We've also had pretty severe lockdowns here as well for over 6 months of the last 12 including 8pm curfew, no travelling more than 5Km from home except for medical or food if nothing is closer, no fishing and mandatory masks. Work from home orders and no visitors to your home. Also restaurants and sports venues have been closed. I normally play field hockey twice a week so I was really missing that and my bathroom scales have been giving strange readings since he he. Thank goodness I had our AP system to supply protein and with the homegrown veggies and fish we could go for weeks without visiting supermarkets. I took up archery in the backyard during lockdown and am really keen to chase some deer with my traditional bow. I still need a lot more practice yet though. (We are lucky here, 6 species of deer and no bag limits or closed seasons on 5 of the 6 species). I have to echo yours and St. John's sentiments on political BS. The western world seems to have tumbled into a funk. Jan 6 has shocked the entire world.

PostPosted: Jul 29th, '21, 23:56 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
Howdy all
Things here are doing pretty well. Greenhouse and AP doing fantastic. We're really enjoying having the Koi in the 2600 gallon masonry pond. They are getting pretty large; the longest is about 16 inches. I removed the bunk bed style grow beds from the west wall. I set one of them directly over the pond.I'm into cantilevers, hehe. Lots going on this Summer, as soon as we were vaccinated and it felt safe to go for my bladder cancer checkup, they told me the cancer was back at stage 2. I freaked out at first, but managed to keep my shit together and do what needed doing. Tomorrow I go for my last Chemo. After a couple weeks rest they remove my bladder. Aw well, what am going to do, except go with the flow? The treatment hasn't been too bad, I was sick afterwards a few time and dizziness kept me smoking Cannabis . I was still able to work in the garden and some time working in the shop. I have my usual kick ass and take names attitude in effect.

Attachments:
Koi--in-the-big-pond-July-2021.jpg
Koi--in-the-big-pond-July-2021.jpg [ 190.8 KiB | Viewed 62 times ]
AP-July-29-2021Peppers.jpg
AP-July-29-2021Peppers.jpg [ 294.76 KiB | Viewed 62 times ]
AP-July-29-2021-Rosemary.jpg
AP-July-29-2021-Rosemary.jpg [ 294.76 KiB | Viewed 62 times ]

Hard Specs: 2600 gallon Masonry fish pond. Everything else in flux.
My life's Oxymoron: Retired workaholic :headbang: :support: :notworthy: :shifty:
PostPosted: Jul 30th, '21, 02:29 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: usually
Hi Brian. Sorry to hear about the bladder. I use mine everyday so losing it sounds like a major lifestyle change. I hope the solutions are not too restrictive. I didn't know about your cancer, sorry to hear. Maybe I missed it in prior posts.

Anyhow, the treatments are way better today than ever before so I hope your outlook is good. Even so it is a lot to deal with physically and emotionally. I had stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 1994. After 6 months of chemo it has been gone ever since; 27 years now. I hope you have a similar experience this time.

It's good to see your still in the AP game and it's going well. That's a pretty big koi!! The plants are looking good too. I hope you are growing your own cannabis. I've always wondered how it would do in AP. Thanks for the pics and best wishes for your surgery. PS: I may be in CA but if there's anything I can do to help, send me a PM! New Mexico has been on my list for a while, I've never been there. I hear there's a few good ski resorts, but not sure (Taos?).

9 kW Solar Electric 2011 - Upgraded to 12 kW 2019

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186